1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New member here

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by JStrickPhoto, Feb 14, 2011.

1. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

great photo jamie

what camera and lenses do you have?

2. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

Thanks Mick.

I shoot a Canon 1D Mark IV with these lenses:
    Canon: EF 24-70L f/2.8, EF 50 f/1.8, EF 70-200L IS f/2.8, EF 100 macro, EF 500L IS f/4
    Sigma: 15-30 f/3.5

On this particular trip, I left the 500 at home :) I knew I'd have to bring the arca-swiss ballhead then so the additional weight was hard to justify. So, I stuck with the 70-200 (plus 1.4x when needed) during the Vero leg of our trip. That lens never came out of the bag once we reach the Disney area. I figured the one or two shots where I needed that much zoom could be cropped from my 24-70.

3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i can see why the shots are amazing all L glass lenses im so jealous lol

4. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

Ha! I didn't start with "L" glass though.

First dSLR was back in 2003 (Canon 10D). Bought Tamron 28-300 and 28-75 f/2.8 with that body. Tamron lenses are on-par with Canon standard lenses. The 28-75 was a stellar lens in my bag for a while. That was the last lens I upgraded, actually.

Eventually upgraded to a 20D in 2004. Much improved body.

2005 was when I got divorced so that allowed for a lot more photography gear purchases :) Bought the 300L f/4 and 100-400L IS. Love the versatility of the 100-400. Hated the dust it put on the sensor due to the push-pull zoom design.

In 2006, I sold the 300L f/4 and purchase the 70-200L IS f/2.8. Incredibly sharp, fast and versatile lens! Eventually sold the 100-400L and took those proceeds (and a lot of savings) to purchase the 500L IS f/4. I LOVE this lens - favorite in the gear lineup! I decided I needed a bit faster and more rugged body. Upgraded to the 1D Mark IIN. That is my current backup body. It's primarily used for time-lapse photography.

In early 2009, a friend was converting to Nikon so I upgraded to the 1Ds Mark III. I thought I would love full-frame shooting. And while it was great for wedding photography and portraiture, I absolutely hated it for wildlife/bird photography. It was simply too slow. And wildlife and bird photography are my favorite things so that year saw fewer images through the camera.

In early 2010, I found a buyer for my 1Ds Mark III and used those proceeds to fund the 1D Mark IV. Best camera I've ever owned, hands-down. Super-fast, excellent high ISO performance!

That sums it up, for the most part :)

5. WDW-DHI-365

WDW-DHI-365 Earning my ears

Welcome to Disney Secrets!

I would love to hear your opinion on various attractions at the Parks.

6. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

Thanks for the welcome! Feel free to ask any questions. I've visited over a dozen times to the parks so I have a pretty good knowledge. Also, I've taken my kids over the years as well as just gone as a couple the past couple visits so I can provide insight both ways.

Jamie