1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News New Options for Star Wars – D-Tech Me at Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience will return to Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios this year with a few new options for guests.

d-tech-1.jpg
    This year, the experience will be located inside Darth’s Mall, located in Soundstage 1 between Studio Backlot Tour and Toy Story Midway Mania.

For those unfamiliar with Star Wars – D-Tech Me, this 10-minute experience uses the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner created by Disney's Imagineering scientists with Disney Research labs. The captured image is later sent to a high resolution 3D printer to create the figurine.
    d-tech-2.jpg
    This year, two returning favorites – Carbon-Freeze Me and Stormtrooper – will be joined by two new figurines – Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot. There are both male and female options offered for X-Wing pilot, Carbon-Freeze Me and Stormtrooper figurines. For children, Alderaan Princess and Carbon-Freeze Me figurines will be available in more youthful appearances.
    d-tech-3.jpg
    For the first time, Disney are introducing a 16-inch figurine. While a wise Jedi Master once said “size matters not,” you can see the size differences of the Stormtrooper figurines in the above image.

Disney Parks Merchandise will reveal on the 16th May how Guests, who had their image added to a figurine last year, will be able to have it added to a new figurine.

d-tech-4.jpg
    An example of this is shown above with a Stormtrooper figurine image from last year applied to the new X-Wing Pilot figurine.

The Star Wars – D-Tech Me 7-inch figurines are $99.95 each, plus shipping and applicable sales tax.

The 16-inch figurines, retail is $1,499.95 each, plus shipping and applicable sales tax. All participants will receive a specially designed button.

Completed figurines will arrive within 7-8 weeks after the experience if shipping domestically (it takes a little longer if shipping internationally).

To book your experience, please call 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324).

The experience is only during Star Wars Weekends 2014 (May 16 – 18, May 23 – 25, May 30 – June 1, June 6 – 8, and June 13-15).

Note: Separate theme park admission required for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. No discounts apply unless otherwise noted. Guests must be at least three (3) years of age to participate. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or in the event a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature, is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. Certain restrictions may apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change without notice.

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Keith, it looks like you can make a reservation :D 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324).

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Now this is pretty cool. That's a huge difference in price though for 9-inches.
    :jawdrop:

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Those 3-D printers are simply AMAZING.