1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New restaurant being setup at Epcot's Mexico pavilion

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Mexico's quick service restaurant, Cantina de San Angel, is being torn down to be replaced by a new larger restaurant. The new 12000 sq.foot restaurant will have 400 seats and will offer table service as well as counter service.

The idea is to have the new restaurant oofer more seating and better view of the lagoon plus illuminations.

The new venue is expected to open late september 2010 or early october.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, I've heard this. Good that they are keeping counter service as the cantina gets heavy traffic for just that reason. It's also a lovely place to sit and view the lagoon at any time of day. I hope that isn't going to be spoiled (but I don't know how they can keep outdoor seating and build a full service restaurant. Space is limited. :sigh:

Mexico is an incredibly popular country so improving it for better service is understandable. Sometimes Urban Sprawl isn't so pretty though. :(

3. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Hmmm...I wonder if this will trickle across all of the countries. I noticed the last time I was at Epcot they kind of "expanded" Africa. When I was there on Sunday they had a HUGE area around the old Cantina blocked off from both the footpath and the lagoon. It created kind of a bottleneck for pedestrians (more inconvenienced by the marathon going on). I'll be interested to see the new Cantina when it's done. I still haven't been in the tequila bar. I could've gone in there this last time but, I was afraid my dad would order a shot and then be plastered the rest of the day. It was a good thing it was so cold, otherwise we would've had to pry him from the frozen margaritas!