1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

NEW ROOM TYPES: Most Moderate Resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Beach Club

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by buzz2001, Aug 9, 2010.

1. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

Sorry if I missed a thread on this, but I thought I would let everyone know what I read yesterday.

Caribbean Beach Resort is the ONLY moderate resort where the room types remain the same as they have in years past.

Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs have BOTH added a "Preferred Room" category. Just as with Caribbean Beach, this doesn't guarantee any sort of view, but rather that your room will be close to the main building. I didn't see this listed for the French Quarter. It may just have not been available for the dates I saw, or because the resort is so small, it may not be offered.

Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter both have split the "water view" category. You can still book a Water View - which guarantees you'll see either the River or the pool. However, you can also book a guaranteed River view for slightly more.

Lastly, in the moderate category, Coronado Springs will now guarantee a view when you book a king bed. You can now book a water view king bed room or a preferred king bed room. This is in addition to just plain "King Bed", which I assume is a standard view.

Animal Kingdom Lodge has added "Arusha View". If you think of the Animal Kingdom Lodge as a horseshoe, the Arusha Savannah is the inside of the horsehoe. You can also book an Arusha View with bunk beds. Additionally - and I'm not sure how many this will affect, but there is now a separate one bedroom suite category listed as "standard view". If the suite is important, but the animals aren't, save some $$ and book the standard view one bedroom suite. It is on the club level.

The Beach Club has split its club level into standard view (I would assume this is parking lot, rooftops, etc....), garden view, deluxe room and lagoon view.

Hope that helps someone.

2. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

Coronado Springs has a few new categories. You’ll find the Standard View, Water View and King Bed Rooms, as well as some Suites which are mostly geared to the business traveler. They now have Preferred Rooms in Casitas 1 and 2 as well as Cabanas 9A and 9B. You can also book a Preferred Water View or a Preferred King Room.

3. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

Are all Casitas 1,2 and Cabanas 9a and b preferred rooms?

4. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

UPDATE...looks like the Preferred Rooms will be in Casitas 1, 2 & 3 only.