1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New rumours around Apple’s iPhone 6

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Wendy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It sounds like the iPhone 6 is preparing to enter production ahead of its rumoured launch date in June 2013.

In a note to investors, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek claims that Apple is already undertaking trials of the next iteration of the iPhone and the fabled iPhone Mini, presumably in the environs of its Cupertino campus, before they enter production in March.

Misek also corroborated persistent rumours that the iPhone 6, also informally dubbed the iPhone 5S, will be home to a 4.8-inch screen, up from the four-inch display that debuted on the iPhone 5.

The industry expert also backs conjecture that the handset will be equipped with a super HD camera, Near Field Communications technology to up the handset’s credentials as a digital wallet, improved battery life and 128GB of storage.

Apple is also thought likely to make its seventh-generation handset available in a host of new colour options, including pink, yellow, blue, green, purple, silver, red and slate.

Hhhm, what do you think, if it is 4.8 Chris has just said it will be in the running for his new phone :lol:
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Very much hope it's NOT 4.8... way too big to use with one hand and apple have always said thats one of the important things for their form factor. Of course, if the money's there, I guess they'll follow it
  3. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

I am a typical woman! I'm due an upgrade in June. Do I need the 6 I ask? Nah. The 5 will do. Bigger screen? Not fussed. HD camera? Doesn't bother me. Better battery? Mine is never far from a charge lead. New colours???? GIVE ME A YELLOW ONE NOW!!!!!!!
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: Claire.
  5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I don't want a 4.8 screen. Good grief. That's too big.

A pink phone would be awesome though.
  6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

And it will take me 6 months to decide which colour!
  7. keith

perhaps it sounds weird coming from me :lol: but I agree with the colour stuff. I feel the iphone just works, I'm not sure that the fundamentals can change much right now other than perhaps adding NFC, wireless charging etc.

What it DOES need IMHO is the ability to change the home screen to be more interesting than a grid of boring icons. Everyones phone looks the same :/ likewise colours WOULD make a big difference.

That's got to be a great thing for Apple! make the ability to change things up a little, wont cost them more and they can sell loads of colours
  8. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I don't think the money actually is in bigger screense though :shrug1: Android phone makers seem to think that bigger screens are the way forward so all of the high-spec phones have huge screens. I think people just want the best phone and therefore buy the ones with the bigger screens as that is where manufacturers are putting all the spec!
  9. keith

Well I agree but the problem is when they release a phone with 4.8" screen and then do one with 4.3" cheaper, people buy the 4.8" in droves and ignore the 4.3. Is that because it's marketed as "the best" and thats what people want? I just don't know. A lot of people I know with galaxy s3 phones, which has a HUGE screen, say they wouldnt want a smaller one :shrug1: whereas for me, I very much appreciate being able to use the phone with one hand so I don't WANT a larger screen.

I guess time will tell which size wins out but right now I'm pretty sure the sales figures are with the larger screened ones
  10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

My IPhone 4S is the perfect size. I'm quite happy. I can see what I need to see and it fits in my pocket.
  11. keith

yep... I went to the iphone 5 which is a little bigger and thinner. tbh I think the 4/4s size was pretty perfect

It'll be really interesting to see what Apple do next to entice people to upgrade.

The biggest thing for me would be a more exciting lock/home screen. All the other smartphones out there can have widgets updating, tiles and so on. Iphone is stuck at a grid of icons
  12. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I agree with Keith. It would be good to be able to change the homepage a bit. It is boring tbh. Very 'stale' now.

I would also love to have live wall paper!
  13. Mamabear

Mamabear Earning my ears

In due a upgrade in feb .. Maybe iPhone 15 will be out by then the rate they are bringing them out :p

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy
  14. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I hope the iphone six is due out soon. I'm due an upgrade in September and the iphone 5 will be cheaper if the 6 is out! :lol:
  15. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

I really don't want a bigger screen, I love my 4s I think the screen is perfect. DH had actually damaged his little finger from the way that he holds his iPhone 5 because it was larger and he was so used to holding the others on a certain way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk