1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

new to pins

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by daftaboutdisney, Jul 25, 2008.

1. daftaboutdisney

daftaboutdisney Earning my ears

Hi, how does the trading work?? Is it any cm at all or just some and how do you find out about pin trading events?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I don't collect pins, but I've seen it done any number of times with a CM. You simply ask the CM to trade you one of your pin for her's/his. If they already have one like the one you are offering, they don't have to trade (and probably won't). If they don't have the one you are offering, then they will most likely trade.

At pin events, all I know are loads of folks show up with huge collections of pins.

I once saw a pin auction at the American Garden Theatre in the WS. It was astonishing how much the pins went for! :eek:

There are pin collectors here so someone will surely come along soon and give you better information. :yes:

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Some CMs trade only with children. I'm thinking they wear green lanyards, but I could be wrong. You always can ask them--they'll let you know if they trade with everyone or only with children.

Not sure about trading otherwise. I have a few pins, but purchased them as keepsakes rather than to trade.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

When we went to the pin station at DTD earlier this year, they had a board up on the wall covered in pins and a CM standing next to it. You could stand in line and, when it was your turn, you placed a pin on the board and took one in its place.