1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New York New York- day 2

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mainecoon lover, Jun 19, 2010.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Day 2 - meeting a friend and the first of many miles walked

So today we are awake at silly o'clock, actually i woke at silly o'clock everyday but i can sleep when i get home. I watched a bit of news on the tv, why are there never any decent channels to watch. At 6:00am i have had enough and decide to get up and get dressed, dh is not far behind me. We are out of the hotel at 7am and off to find coffee as we have decided to eat on 34th street were we are due to meet Debi from another forum i pop in and out of. The queues in all of the Starbucks are unreal but we finally manage to get some further down. Now we are on 48th street and we are meeting Debi on 34th street so we start our jaunt down Park avenue. I am quite shocked to see how many places that have foreign people outside this early waiting to see if they can apply for citizenship. We finally get to 34th street and i am taken in by all the shops ;) sadly none were yet open and we were very early.

We decided to eat in the Tick tock restaurants and this is were we encounter our first arrogant man of the day, the waiter :(. We are quickly seated and then our waiter comes over and says want do you want, no hello or smile. I ordered the one pancake with eggs and sausage and dh had the Irish breakfast and we both have coffee and juice. The food came quickly and was quite tasty. I asked for the bill and the guy quickly flashed in front of me and say's thats $44. I looked puzzled at him and dh and hand him a $50 note which he grabs and says i will give the change to the person who should hold the money, the man and looks at me. Dh goes to the restroom and on the way back the waiter tries to give dh the change, he says no give it to my wife she paid. The waiter then gives me the changed and smiles. He stood waiting for a tip when i made it very clear that we had been over charged by $14 and he could think again about getting more money out of me :angry: we should have complained but just left with me giving him the look ;).

Still with time to pass until Debi arrived i went into K mart, big mistake. Dh decides to sit in the sun and people watch bad mistake on his part ;). I have a look around and then find myself a trolley, four big shopping bags later i am stood smiling at dh and him looking back at me wishing he had come in :d:. I also checked out Old Navy were i got Beth some crop jeans and cute top.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

We then make our way back to the Tick tock dinner were we had planned to meet Debi outside off. There was a lot of lighting outside but unsure what they were filming. I spotted Debi coming across the crossing and we greeted each other and then made our way back to dump our stuff at the hotel.

I make a call from the hotel to check on Beth to be told she is not well and having a lot of seizure activity but i am told that they can deal with them which puts my mind at rest. Debi and i have our photo done in the hotel lobby.

[​IMG][/IMG]

We make our way up 5th Ave and check out American girl for Debi and i visit the Apple store. I am so pleased i bought the Ipad before we left as they had none in and were not sure when they would be getting more in, Best buys were the same. I did buy a stand for it and wanted a cover and the camera connector but they did not have any. We did what girls do best and checked out the shops. We came across a beggar outside one of the stores with a very cute cat that was sat patiently next to him. We think he was a Norwegian forrest cat as he was very similar to ours but without the tuffs maine coons are well known for. I knelt down to smooth him down when the beggar went into a foul mouthed rant at me for touching the cat. I just stood up and walked away without even bothering to give him anything, we would have given him something for the cat if he had been nice or not even said anything.

We made our way back to the hotel to pick Debi's bag up and then caught a taxi over to Times Square for our meal. Sorry forgot to take photos of the food but did of my cocktail. I had the lobster bourbon shrimp and scallops which was scrummy.

[​IMG][/IMG]

We said our goodbye's to Debi and made our way back to Times square to soak up the atmosphere. We had ice cream and then made our way back to the Irish pub near our hotel were i had a pina colada that was not very special.

[​IMG][/IMG]

It was then off to bed with very very sore feet.

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Again, look at those yummy drinks! I'll take one of each!

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

It's just occured to me that I won't be driving anywhere on this holiday and will be able to partake in one of those yummy cocktails or two! :D

4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Brilliant. Thanks for these and the photos really add to it

5. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Love seeing all the drinks :D off to read more

6. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

You forgot to meantion *The Dish* at Abercombies & Fitch . He was sooooo fine ! :lol:

7. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

sorry to hear you encountered any rude ppl...much less one that ripped you off. But the rest of the day sounded fun ;)

8. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

cocktails galore :)