1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New York New York- day 4

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mainecoon lover, Jun 19, 2010.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

The best food ever and how many miles are we walking

I was awake at 3am due to falling asleep at 8pm the night before, as much as i tried i could not get back to sleep. Thankfully dh can sleep through lots of noise so i put the tv on and watched the news. I finally gave up at 6am and got up and showered, dh was not far behind me.We were out the hotel by 7am and making our way to the Clinton Street bakery. We seemed to walk for miles and miles (we were on 48th street and had to go down 3 streets past 1st street) and i almost gave up with sore feet and severe hunger when we spotted it. Well it was completely worth the walk. We had to wait about 15 minutes but we were well prepared for this as i had read about it. We were finally seated and food all ordered. Dh had omelette and i had the blueberry pancakes :tounge::tounge:. We both had coffee and fresh orange juice. Dh said his was good and mine was the best i had ever tasted, they came with maple butter which i was unsure to start with but believe me they were the best. Dh finished mine off and said how good they were and he is not normally a pancake person. They were more like sponge :tounge::tounge:. If you are a pancake fan and off to NYC then i would say go. They were not cheap nor expensive but worth the little extra.

[​IMG][/IMG]

We then made our way over to Pier 17, walking through an area i was not happy to be walking trough which dh thought was very funny :angry:, he got a good ear bashing all the way. We finally arrived at Pier 17 whilst i checked out the shops and dh sat reading his paper. I made a quick call home to see how the girl and cats were doing. We decided to have a milkshake here from Edy's, they were quite tasty.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

We then made our way to the Brooklny bridge, now i am no good when it comes to walking over bridges, i am fine with driving over them but i decide to give it a go. I am sorry to say i only made it quarter way when i went into hot sweats so we turned around :blush:

[​IMG][/IMG]

We then made our way over to ground zero and i was sad to see they really had not made much progress here. i had a quick look in Century 21 but it was heaving so we left. There was no way i was walking back so we jumped on the subway up to Macy's on 34th street. There were some very strange beggers trying to come up with different way's of getting money out of people. After a couple of purchases in the bag department we had a starbucks and jam donut from Macy's. We then made our way back up through Times Square towards Grand Central were i bought the Magnolia cake book.

Continued ......

2. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

We made our way back to the hotel were i started to pack (why do the men just give advise and not do any packing :confused2) and we freshened up for our dinner at the Boathouse Central park.

We made our way up towards Central park looking to see if the Apple store had any camera kits for the Ipad. We eventually arrive and the Boathouse when the rain starts to come again. We are seated quickly, wow what a restaurant and i would say to all go and eat here. Yes its expensive but well worth the money and the highlight of our holiday.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

I had a Berry cocktail that was ok

[​IMG][/IMG]

The food was so good. i am sorry to say you have half eaten photo's as i got carried away when the food arrived :d:

I had scallops with prawns. The scallops melted in your mouth (oh i so want them again)

[​IMG][/IMG]

Dh had crab cakes which he said were very good

[​IMG][/IMG]

He then had swordfish

[​IMG][/IMG]

and i had fillet steak :tounge::tounge:

[​IMG][/IMG]

We finished with

Banana ice cream with a chocolate bomb for dh

[​IMG][/IMG]

I had Warm Chocolate-Dulce de Leche Cake

[​IMG][/IMG]

The bill came to $260 with tip but believe me it was worth it and if we ever made it back we would go again.

We got chatting to a couple from Texas who have invited us over for steak, who knows one day we may make it on on a road trip we so want to do.

we then made our way back through Central park to the hotel both saying how good the food and setting were.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Sounds exciting! I will live through you. I don't think I want to go in person...too many people for me, but I love hearing about your trip.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Loving your reports and the photos - thank you for sharing :thumbsup:

5. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

definitely want to go to that restaurant :yes:

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sounds like a wonderful day

7. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Food looks gorgeous