1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

New York New York- day 5

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mainecoon lover, Jun 19, 2010.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Time to go home :(

It was our last day and we are flying home at 8:55pm. We were going to have a lie-in but were awake early again, so we decided to get up and make the most of our day. We finished packing with dh giving me the we will have to pay for extra luggage allowance look :blush:. We checked out and stored our luggage with the bell boy and made our way to the Rockefeller centre where there was some entertainment going on. We were going to get a danish and drink but they had it blocked off so we decided to head towards Times Square.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

We got coffee and a danish and sat in times square people watching. The coffee shops out here always have massive queues in the morning. We then made our way down towards Union square, they had a lovely market with lots of yummy food. The prawns were huge and in many ways i think i would have been happier eating here than Max Brenners. We sat people watching in Union square and i then checked out one their food markets, oh how i wish we had them home here. They are much better than anything we have which is not a real shocker i guess.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

We then made our way to Max Brenner the chocolate Restaurant. I was really looking forward to eating here after not visiting on our last visit due to running out of time. Well i wish i had not bothered, it smelt lovely when we walked in but the service was very very bad and the food was ok. To be fair i did not have a dessert but i did have a cookie milkshake and this was way to sweet. We left feeling a little let down wishing we had eaten some were else but you do not know till you try and i am guessing some people will love it here. We made our way to the subway and back up to 59th street. We just wandered as we could not buy much with all the cases packed and seeming very heavy. I had decided on getting the cupcakes from Crumbs and it was all down to the packaging as i would have preferred to have taken back Magnolia cupcakes but they were just in a box were Crumbs were well sealed ( the children liked them and thats what counts).

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

.We went to Grand central for a drink and last piece of cake. I had coconut and lemon cake which was very nice and dh had marble cake. We made our way back to the hotel and rearranged our hand luggage and then made our way to the liberty Express bus stop. Thankfully there was a bus waiting so we jumped on and were soon on our way. The traffic was very busy being 4:30pm on a Friday but we had plenty of time. We arrived at our terminal and dropped our luggage which i am pleased to say was under but a little miffed as i could of bought more ;). We made our way through security which seemed a breeze all bar the woman in front of us that had every metal object going with her and spent several attempts to go through the detector. Dh and i both said it was a female version of my dad :d:. We were soon on the flight and back in Bristol :(

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Definitely a lovely visit!

That hamburger looks fantastic!
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I like the look of the coconut & lemon cake :lol:
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

and i want the club sandwich!
  5. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Brilliant account, thank
    You so much for sharing yor trip

Thomas was beside himself when he saw the empire state
  6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

The food on your trip looks fantastic! :yes: I love New York, it's one of my favourite cities. I feel like I am actually there :yes:
  7. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Beth and I were taking a walk to Clinton Street bakery this morning for the pancakes, in our dreams of course. Had to make do with toast and blueberry jam :lol:
  8. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

:) What a lovely trip darlin :) Thank you for the photos :)
  9. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I love people watching.

Great trip reposrts Michelle, thank you so much for sharing.

You're a woman after my own heart - you do like your cake :)

Sandra
  10. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: Loved your trip report! Glad everything worked out great!!Those pancakes looke heavenly!!!:tongue:
  11. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Loved meeting you and your trip reports with pictures were fabulous sweetie . Thanks for sharing . :hug2: