1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by mom22cs, Mar 24, 2011.

1. mom22cs

mom22cs Earning my ears

Hello everyone! I'm feeling like I'm living in a snow globe trying to book my family's first trip to Disney. I haven't been in 20 years! I will be traveling with my husband, our 2 boys 5 & 12, and hopefully my parents. The only time that works for us is August, I know hot hot hot! Does anyone have any tried and true techniques to keep everyone cooled down and happy in the sweltering heat?

Very excited to join here! :)
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi mom22cs!

And :spraywelcome: to Secrets!

Wow! Haven't been back in 20 years. I'm sure things have changed a bit. :whistle:

Best advice I can give on handling the heat is to take plenty of breaks and drink buckets full of water. Seriously, if you're staying on property, what we'll usually do it to go early when the parks open in the morning. Stay in the parks through lunchtime and then go back to the hotel to nap, swim and generally relax during the hottest part of the day. Then it's back to the parks in the evening when it's cooled down a bit. August can be brutally hot!

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director. :sail:)
  3. chief

chief Earning my ears

:laughingmickey:welcome