1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Next-Gen technology @ WDW?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by gwennie81, Jan 17, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow! Now that is pretty intriguing stuff! :yes:

Will be looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Used to be a time when no one could outdo the Disney imagineers. Let's hope this is one of those times!

3. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I kind of miss the "old-school" feel of theme parks. It used to be all about the rides, the snacks, and getting to actually spend time with the characters. Now it's all about how fast can you zip through the park and how many people can you knock down or run over to get 3 seconds with Mickey.

I personally think all of the new "technology" takes away from the experience. Sure, fast pass is more convenient but it just feeds into the go-go-go pace of today. When I go to a park, I want it to be a leisurely experience and not to feel like robotic zombie cattle being prodded through endless queues with teenagers playing with their iPods and iPhones. The worst is the stupid Kim Possible game at Epcot. Whenever I hear that jingle, I want to take the person's cell phone and chuck it into the lake.

As far as a microchipped wristband or card, I think I do like that idea. It is always convenient to use the room key as your park ticket and charge card as well. Keeping everything together like that really eliminates the chance of things getting lost. However, if you lose that card or wristband, you'd really be screwed because of all the personal information that would be on it.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh now see? :D We LOVED the Kim Possible Adventure, when we did it with the six year old. He was SO into it! He learned things too. Who knew a little six year old American Kid didn't know what a red phone booth was?! :lol:

I like technology, for the most part; and when it works. :D When it doesn't! :hopmad: :lol:

I think FP is a great addition to the parks, and find it makes my time more leisurely. I don't spend all that extra time on line, and can spend it people watching or browsing somewhere else. :yes:

We'll see how it goes, eh? :yes: