1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

not allowed to decorate window any more?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by dvcjane, Sep 17, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Just been reading on another forum that if you decorate your window in a disney resort they tell you to either take it down or youll be charged $25 a day for cleaning

I suppose people left a mess after they left :( but this will really depress us if we cant decorate at christmas

has anyone here had that experience

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I don't decorate so no. I did hear that as well. But, I thought it was for those who were using chalk and whatnot on the windows.

3. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

could you not simply put some tinsel or something about the place? Instead of drawing on windows?

4. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I always put a pink flamingo in my window so I remember what room I'm in. I hope they don't make me put him away :(

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I'm going to have to check this out.

I was planning on a string of lights and some stars in December. :(

I have a feeling some people did not remove their decorations, or if they did they used non-removable adhesives or put holes in the walls. That's a lot of work for WDW staff!

6. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

i think it would be more sensible to say that a cleaning charge would be applied if you leave the room window a mess that way they dont stop people having fun. decorated windows is a disney thing and it will be awful if everything is blank over christmas

7. Johnie

I can see them charging a fee after the fact if people did damage or not clean up. I don't think it's fair to charge everyone a fee.

I take it back. I did put Valentine's Day window clings on our room window when we stayed at AKL. No one said a word about it then and I did take them off.

8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Charging a cleaning fee after the fact might be a bit difficult for those of us who don't pay with credit cards.

They could, however, have a $25 refundable cleaning fee--a bit like renting an apartment! If the room is left in good condition, they would refund the fee in the same manner it was paid (credit card, cash/check, etc.).

That's getting into a lot of administrative headaches for WDW, though. They would have to have someone do a quick inspection of rooms as they're vacated then notify the appropriate department to refund or not, with documentation (photos) if the room is not in good condition. :sigh;

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That's why they go with blanket decisions like "no decorating allowed." :sigh;

I don't know if it's true, but I too have heard it. :(

10. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

:rolleyes008:Dorothy why wouldnt you remeber what room your`e in :lol:;)
    Jacqui xxx

11. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Umm...because they all look the same and well the card doesn't have the room number on it and when I get back from the parks I'm usually go tired I'm lucky I can remember what hotel I'm staying at :sigh; You are also talking to ME the one with no sense of direction and can be standing 10 feet away from the Haunted Mansion and still after all this time needs a map to tell me where the heck it is :lol: But, I can tell you at all times where the castle is :D

12. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

That's a shame! I was going to take Halloween clings. Aren't the doors magnetic? You could stick magnets on the doors with decorations or pics. We did that for our last vacation with friends. We decorated their door for a surprise. The kids loved it! I just found a card with a valentines theme (it was musical so everyone opened it) Then I found valentine stickers and stuck magnet tape on the back. I even put some pics of our kids together on their first trip to Disney together. That was great cause it took us way back. You could use the same magnet tape for any Christmas decoration.... except lights and a pink flamingo:chores008: Love that one by the way!

13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Hmmmmmmmm was hoping to do a bit of "decorating" for Andrew's bday....may still....guess I'll let you know if anything is said....

14. Tink

I brought some birthday banners and other decorations for our last Polynesian Birthday stay. :yes: I didn't use any tape or thumbtacks or anything else to "secure" the banners and decorations. I simply draped them artfully over whatever was handy. :lol:

No one said a word.

15. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Good to know :)

...off to practice my "artful draping" :wink:

16. Johnie

I still don't think they are going to say anything or charge anything unless you have damaged something.

Now I feel like getting some window clings just to see what will happen :p

17. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I've never decorated but really what can window clings do .
    The cleaning fee seems reasonable enough . The maids must LoVE it when I leave . I empty the garbage cans , wipe off the tables, dressers, night stands and put the towels in one neat pile . All they have to do is vacumm , hang new towels and change the sheets . DH laughs and said Y dion't you just strip the bed, too . LOL
    Becca , tie birthday balloons to the curtains .
    I saw something cute when I was down last . They have new ears . Like Sorceror Mickey, with eyes on it and Sorceror Blue hat sticking up in the middle . Not sure if the maid or guests did it , but they somehow hung the hat in the middle of the draped curtains . It was really sweet looking .

18. Tink

Window clings don't hurt a thing. They leave no residue and don't peel anyting off when removed. I can't imagine anyone complaining about them. (Maybe other than some "fingerprint" type marks on the window pane).