1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

October 2012 - Part VI

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by uscwest, Oct 23, 2012.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We had a bit of a lie in this morning with nothing really being planned until sometime tonight. Donna thought it was a good morning to walk around the resort and take some pictures. The Cars section of the resort is simply AMAZING. Will load up some pictures later.

After the picture taking session we decided to head over to Magic Kingdom. The main purpose of this visit was that the friends, with whom we ate dinner last night, had been there yesterday and they were doing sneak previews of Belle’s new area. Unfortunately, today they were not doing them. However, one upside to our trip was that we got our pictures taken with Merida in the area that used to be Belle’s Enchanted Story Telling (or whatever they called it). We then wandered over to the Big Top Circus area of the new Fantasyland where we were told we could see Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Donald attired in ways that you normally would not see them. We had pictures loaded on our Photo Pass Card. From there it was a spin around the Magic Kingdom on the Walt Disney World Railroad (the Roy O. Disney).

Next we hopped on the monorail over to the TTC where we caught the monorail to EPCOT. It was time to sample some more food and wine. Our first stop was the Argentina Kiosk where Donna ordered the Beef Empanada ($4.00). She declared that it needed some sort of sauce as the crust was quite dry. I ordered the Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree ($5.00) and a glass of Terrazas Reserva Malbec ($3.50). Donna had already secured us a standing table and after taking the items to the table I skipped (actually I walked) over to the Caribbean Kiosk to purchase two Bacardi ® Frozen Dragon Berry Coladas ($7.75 each). When I got back to the table with these Donna was sharing the table with another couple. He had gotten the Lamb Chop from Australia, also nearby and declared it quite tasty. So after eating my Beef Skewer and sharing it with Donna I walked over to the Australia Kiosk and ordered the Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies ($5.75). After finishing with this portion of our food and drink we went into the Mexico Pavilion to cool off and rode the Tres Caballeros ride. Coming out of the ride I asked Donna if she would like a frozen Fiesta Margarita (she’s never been known to turn one down). We found a nice shady spot and sipped on these for a while and then continued our walk. While were in EPCOT on an earlier visit Donna remembered seeing play swords and shields in one of the shops. We finally decided that it had to be Germany in which we had seen them. So it was off to the Germany Pavilion. There were the swords and shields, as she had remembered and since we already have one sword at home she bought one more and two shields. Our grandsons Nathanael (6) and Jacob (almost 2) like to sword fight when they are at our house. On the way to the Germany Pavilion we walked past the South Africa Kiosk. Here they had a Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce ($5.00). The sauce was nicely spiced and it was delicious. After we left Germany we caught the boat launch back over to Mexico and departed the park, again via the monorail, back to the Magic Kingdom. We had parked in Simba 13 this morning and caught the tram out to the parking lot, jumped in our car and headed back to our resort. We had some packages waiting for pick up so we make a quick stop by the pool bar for a Mai Tai for me and Club Soda with Lemon and Lime for Donna and went to pick up our packages. We then went back to the room and took showers and rested up before heading out for our dinner.

Dinner tonight was at Kouzzina, located in the Boardwalk Resort. We have eaten here before and enjoyed it and nothing changed tonight. One problem with this restaurant however, is the noise level. It was just as bad when it was known as Spoodles however, so that couldn’t be blamed on the restaurant. Our server was Ann. Our meal started off with the Kouzzina Sampler ($17.99) consisting of marinated olives, Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves), hummus, tzatziki, pita bread and our choice of two from Spicy Gulf Prawns, Greek Lamb Meatballs and Pork Souvlaki. Donna doesn’t do either of the first two so we ordered the Souvlaki for her and the Prawns for me. They graciously brought them on separate plates. We had told our server that we were not in any great hurry and she did a great job of spacing out our appetizer, salad (we split a Greek Salad ($7.99) consisting of tomatoes, cucumber, arugula, kalamata olives, red onion and feta cheese) and entrées. Donna’s entrée was Cinnamon-stewed Chicken - with Tomatoes, Herbed Orzo, and Kasseri Cheese $23.99. It was an enormous portion which she declared to be quite tasty. With her meal she chose a glass of Kretikos wine. My entrée was the Kouzzina Trio - Tasting size portions of Greek-style Lasagna, Char-grilled Lamb Burger, and Cinnamon-stewed Chicken with Orzo $21.99. This was also very tasty. However, were I to choose this again I would ask them to hold the bun on the Lamb Burger and also for the burger to not be cooked quite as well. I accompanied my meal with the Blood of Bacchus ($15.00). This was a trio of Greek Wines consisting of Kretikos, Chaateau Haflaftis Stamata and Tsantali Rapsani, each a bolder red.

Following our lovely dinner we caught a quick magic act on the Boardwalk, then retrieved our vehicle and returned to our resort. While I’m typing this Donna is sound asleep.

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

sounds like you had lovely things to eat on that day!!