1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

ohana at polynesian worth it?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by chipndale, Feb 18, 2010.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

hiya is ohanas any good? I cant see from the photos what type of food it is and how its served also is there any entertainment there

oh and can we see the fireworks from there or is it on the wrong side?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Depending upon where you are seated you will be able to see the fireworks. :yes:

I've not been in some time, but there used to be entertainment there in the evening (morning is a character breakfast).

I'm not a fan of the food there. :sorry: Loads of folks like it though, so don't go just by me.

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Their big thing is grilled meat fom their open pit cooking area, turkey, pork and steak if I'm not mistaken. They serve family style and the meal is complete with appetizers and dessert. I'm not a huge meat eater but there is enough for everyone to choose from.

4. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

We have done both breakfast and dinner, we loved the family style breakfast. The characters were great fun, the food was fab and if you required more then it was brought straight to your table

Dinner was good too, but there is far too much food I was full after the starters which were sticky chicken wings pork parcel things with dips. The bread was lovely too. After the starters they bring you your mains which are long skewers filled with Steak, turkey, pork and shrimp. I ate some shrimp but I felt most of the meat had a fake smoked taste to it. My husband loved it though. There was also salad which I liked and noodles which I didn't try. The pudding was a warm banana cake with custard but only my oldest son had this as the rest of us were too full. There was far too much waste on our table for my liking. As for the dinner entertainment it was more geared to the younger children. Coconut races, hula dancing singing ect...

We had a castle table view which was lovely but we decided not to watch wishes from there and opted to take a walk down to the beach which was a lovely ending to our meal.

We wouldn't rush back for dinner but we would do breakfast with Lilo and Stitch again.

I don't have any pictures of the food but I do have some of my son joining in with the entertainment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think it is a great place for breakfast, and the character interaction is fantastic :)

6. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We had dinner there last September. The food was plentiful, delicious and the service was excellent. Although the entertainment is child based, the lively atmosphere was great fun. If your meal timing is accurate you could see the fireworks.

7. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I love 'Ohana, it's one of my favourite Disney restaurants!

I haven't got any food pictures either - ok, next trip I promise to take some!

It's great fun and yummy food! :thumbsup:

8. Tink

Do they not serve the grilled shrimp any longer? I know they used to. Sounds like it has been replaced by turkey?

9. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've had both good and bad experiences there. well I say bad, hmmm "average" perhaps, saying bad is an exaggeration.

One evening we went there, table by the windows, firework music piped in, great food, great atmosphere and then they did the games with brooms etc.

The next couple of times we were sat sort of outside the main bit, in the bit as you first go in and it was nowhere near as good an experience. It was brighter lit and we just felt "out of it".

They didn't do the fireworks music and the games all seemed to be in the main bit. Add to that the food had changed and we hardly ever seemed to get anything offered and kept having to ask.

So when we go again I'll say we'll wait for a table in the main bit :yes:

10. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

from everything i've read they still do the shrimp. Man do meat, me do shrimp.. go to watch fireworks from the beach on a swing seat afterwards everybody happy....simples

11. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I forgot to list it, they do serve shrimp still as of last September!

12. Tink

Ok, thanks! As I said, I'm not a fan of the place, so didn't really know if it'd been changed. I know they changed up some things from the time I was there.