1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

OHANA'S ADR'S

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by robertcraig, Apr 10, 2012.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    OHANA ADR'S if i try to book for 1 person there is no resevations available but if i book for 2 persons there are resevations is it the policy not to take single bookings

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I don't know that there is a policy but you could book for two and cancel one later when you get there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

it's probably because it's a computer doing the booking trying to optimise the reservations. I know of a system that is similar in my line of work and it's rubbish as it just sees black and white. Ring them up Robert and I'm sure you won't have a problem..or book 2 spaces as John says then cancel the 2nd once in the US.

4. robertcraig

thanks i will do that

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Do you have to hold the 'Ohana ADR with a credit card? If so, be absolutely certain you understand the terms of cancellation before you book. You don't want to be charged for canceling, when their inadequate system forced you into an ADR that you truly didn't need.

6. robertcraig

Yes i had to use a credit card i hope when ichange it to 1 person when i get to usa it will be ok

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Generally speaking it's fine but you can be specific when you get to the place "Can you be sure to mark me as here and not a no show please as I've had problems in the past" :)

The reservation system is better than it was but IMHO still suffers from looking at a restaurant and thinking ok, well i have 5 tables for 2, 50 tables for 4 and so on... Disney obviously want to save a table for 4 until they get a booking for 3/4 people whereas I want them to say ok, 1 person or 2 people reservation request, only table left at that time is a 4, we'll allocate that to them.

8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

You could call or go to concierge at the resort once you are there to change it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. chief

chief Earning my ears

we all had our meal at o'hanas on easter sunday, we really enjoyed the whole experiencd. i booked it about 4 months ago with credit card. i had the option to cancel up to 24 hours in advance as long as i called within that time my confirmation said i would not get charge only for a no show or less than 24 hours notice.:thumbsup: