1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Ok people researching for trip to Disney

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by OconeeDawg, Jun 21, 2012.

1. OconeeDawg

OconeeDawg Earning my ears

Next year. Came across a website that you can rent DVC points wondering if anyone has done this? That are the pros and cons. Seems to be cheaper just not sure. Thanks

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've not rented or bought points to use, I know that some people do, I am probably wrong but I think Britchick has done this or looked into it, so hopefully she will be along shortly to help.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Renting points from a DVC owner can be a great way to have a fabulous vacation in a lovely villa.

The number of points you will need will depend upon several factors:
    The time of year you visit
    The DVC resort you choose
    The size of the villa you choose.

We LOVE our DVC and it's ruined us for regular resort rooms. The smallest villa is a studio, then a one bedroom, a two bedroom (a studio and one bedroom combination) and the grand villa.

We like each DVC resort with the exception of the Boardwalk Villas, although many people do like it there. The beauty of Disney and DVC is that there is something for everyone.

I don't know all the ins and outs of renting, but do be sure you rent from someone who is reliable.

4. Dizbee

Dizbee Earning my ears

There are lots of ways to rent points. You can do it yourself. You can go on message boards and see the postings. Or you can use a website of a rental facilitator who can take care of the contracts, the payments, etc. There are a few so be mindful of prices/costs, payment options, extra fees, etc.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012