1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Old key west or saratoga springs?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by pigletpete, Jun 29, 2009.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Which is the better of these two resorts? I've never been to or seen either of them :/

From what I can tell they're both close to downtown disney, saratoga springs seems much newer but old key west has good reviews from people?

Anyone been to them both, which did you like better?

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i liked okw - and i think it looks better from the photos

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Have stayed at OKW many times and it is a great resort! Have never been to Saratoga Springs but it is right across the lagoon from DTD. The rooms are larger at OKW (they have the largest rooms of any of the DVC resorts). Sorry I can't help any further on STS.

4. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I keep wanting to stay at one of the DVC resorts to see what it's like versus a normal resort

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've stayed at both. :yes: SSR is newer, with one queen and one pull out couch in the studio. The place is newer, but not necessarily as substantial feeling as OKW? The entry set up for the rooms is a little funny... kind of like a corridor, whereas OKW is a direct doorway.

I'm an OKW DVCer, so you know where my bias lies. :D

Honestly? They are both quite nice. SSR seems closer to DTD. OKW has a nice walkway to take you there (both have ferries, or buses too).

Neither one has a magnificent restaurant, but both have "ok" full service places. SSR has a bit of a food court, OKW has a walk up snack bar type window.

If you have any other questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. :yes:

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Speaking of......what has happened to Olivia's?!? This restaurant used to be soooo good.