1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

olive garden

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by buzzchamp, Apr 28, 2009.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

Is the olive garden any good? is it an italian and if it isnt is there a good italian around disney?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Many folks don't care for Olive Garden, but there are some nice dishes to choose from. There used to be one called chicken vino bianco (which always kind of cracked me up, why partial Italian and not the entire name of the dish) which was pretty good!

I think you can still ask for whole wheat pasta instead of regular white pasta. They've changed their menu since I was last there, so don't know for certain.

The one on I-Drive (nearer to the convention center, moving away from the Prime outlets) is the largest one in Orlando and used to be the best. Again, not sure how it is anymore as we've not been in some time.

For a very nice Italian dinner/meal Antonio's in Dr. Phillips is quite good. The parent restaurant is in Maitland, which is a bit of a ride from WDW. There is also a sister restaurant by the same family in Celebration. Some folks think the Celebration restaurant has better prices and selection than the one in Dr. Phillips.

There is another serious Italian place in Dr. Phillips, but the name escapes me right now. La Cucerina (not Cucina, that'd be too easy :sigh: ) or something like that. It's on Dr. Phillips on the left hand side (as you are headed away from Sand Lake and toward Conway) in the strip mall area there.

There are a couple of Italian places on property (Porto Bello Yach Club in DTD, Palio's in the Swan, and in Italy of the WS) but none of them have ever done too much for me.

Remember though, you are talking to Madame Fussy Pot when it comes to food. :sigh: :sorry:

3. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

We were firm fans of the Olive Garden but we thought that Romano's Macaroni Grill was consistently better on our last trip.

4. Tink

Ah! I forgot about Romano's! Thanks Ieuan. :yes: It is a bit more upscale than Olive Garden, isn't it? :yes:

There is a Bucca Di Beppo's in Millenia Mall (?) that is supposed to be quite nice too. Never been there, but a former co-worker of mine, who was very proud of his Italian heritage loved the place. :yes:

5. Tink

Oh! Meant to say there is a new Olive Garden on west 192 now too. :yes: It should be quite nice for about a year. :D They tend to be extra good for the first 12 months of operation, trying to pull in business and establish a local patron base, then they tend to fall off... :sigh:

6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I don't like Olive Garden, but I love Ramono's. I was skeptical with macaroni in the title, but the food i had was delish. :D I totally recommend it.

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We love Olive Garden :yes: We go to the one on International Drive and we have always been served good, tasty, hot food and the price is very reasonable.

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I happen to be very fussy about Italian food as well.

However, I LOVE the chicken scampi dish at Olive Garden. I get it everytime we go there. It has oodles of garlic which I find that many of the local mom and pop places seem to not use.

Macaroni Grill is okay. They'll do in a pinch. I've been to Bertucci's and they were awful. I hear that Maggiano's is very good but I haven't been there.

On disney property, I like Mama Melrose at DHS. The penne ala vodka is always good. I've also been to Tutto Italiano in Epcot. They are very overpriced but my DD did get a wonderful canneloni there.