1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

omg harry potter rides exclude lots of people as overweight

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by disneymom, Jun 20, 2010.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

If the Harry Potter team are watching this... I hereby volunteer to be said teenager :yes:

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I was watching a coaster show and they said that due to all the intense loops/curves/Gforces, etc they have to make seats a limited size due to safety. It certainly does not coincide with us getting larger and larger (not just in a weight sense, we are just bigger than our ancesters).

3. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I heard on a podcast today that Universal have begun installing seats suitable for larger guests.

The check seats at the beginning of the queue area now have three lights, rather than the two they started with. The original had green if you could ride, and red if you couldn't. Now there is an amber light that indicates that you need to use the modified seating.

There was no mention of how many of these seats are available, only that they are to the left of the seat row.

...Good news for all us large folk!

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well that's some progress. I'm a little surprised that this wasn't included in the original design.

5. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

[​IMG]

This is a picture of the ride seats. The flat bit of the white bar needs to come right down over your boobies and tummy to rest on your thighs. You need it to click 3 times before you can ride.

I seen a woman who was thin not fit due to her ample boobies. She was gutted. However I also saw larger ladies who fitted fine.

Men with round tummies were having issues too.

There are test seats outside the ride and also just before the ride loads, this is where the cast members were asking people to try the seats, I thought they were very polite and it must be beter to know before than be asked to leave once on the ride.

I wouldn't worry about trying the test seats as everyone was trying them out.:thumbsup:

6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I've heard lots of people saying this made them feel really sick, I can ride spiderman and star tours and the old back to the future, will I be alright?

7. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I felt sick so only rode it once.

Kyle said you feel less sick the second time you go on

Sandra

8. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We tried this ride a couple of weeks back.
    I sent DH on first as I get quite bad motion sickness. He came off it saying it was a cross between Soarin' and Spiderman. Now, Soarin' I can do with no problems and I go on Spiderman with DH to keep him company but have to close my eyes !!! :lol:

Anyway, I went on with a positive attitude. I was quite queasy when I came off and it took about an hour for me to recover. I had to close my eyes most of the ride too.

9. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I am really looking forward to seeing the new Harry Potter section at Universal, We are all very big Harry Potter fans.

10. ToTMistress

ToTMistress Earning my ears

:nono:That dose not sound fun at all :sorry:. If you can't go on or been asked to leave:doh:. That harry potter looks bit tight:sigh:. Will admit that i'm on the large side if that happned to me would feel embaressed and upset :embarassed: :embarassed2:

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

yeap.. this! :unsure::nono: