1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

On arrival at orlando airport

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Aug 13, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Can someone explain the process to me? someone :rolleyes008: in our party is getting anxious over what forms we need to fill in, finger prints, where to find the car

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Ok well if you are talking about Orlando Airport then here goes:~

1.At check- in [in the UK] you will be given two forms to fill in on the plane. One is a green visa waiver form and the other is a white customs declaration form. Both are easy peasy to complete but if you are at all uncertain then one of the air host/hostesses will help you out.
    2. After landing you follow everyone into the arrivals hall and stand in line to await your turn to go up to the Immigration Officer. He/she will ask you some basic questions "What is the purpose of your visit?", "How long will you be in the US" etc.etc.. He will then ask you to put one of your fingers onto a pad and at the same time he will take a photo of your eyes [don`t worry, you hardly know that this is happening!]. The officer will then stamp your passport and staple a section of the visa waiver form that you have filled in, to your passport.
    3.Immediately behind the Immigration desks are the baggage carousels.
    4. After collecting your bags, make your way over to the exit where you will see the Customs Officers. You hand him/her the white form you filled in and hopefully you will simply be waved through. If they are having a bad day then they may ask to inspect you bags.
    5. After Customs you walk a short distance to a baggage drop area where you say goodbye to your bags again and take an escalator to the floor above where you will be directed to where the monorail is located.
    6. The monorail will take you to the main airport building where you follow the signs to the Baggage Claim Area where you will be reunited with your bags which arrive on a carousel.
    7. Most car rental desks are on the floor below the Baggage Claim Area so take an elevator down and go to your chosen car rental location.

That`s about it, now relax, you are in Orlando at last!

3. Magical Moments.

Magical Moments. Earning my ears

Thanks for the information slowhand.
    Was wondering about this myself.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

And don't forget when you depart the US that the Visa Waiver form which has been stapled into your passport is supposed to be returned, I believe. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :p015:

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

absolutely right! They should remove it at checkin but it's always worth watching to make sure they do

6. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I've still got mine from last year's holiday :shocked025:. Should I do something about it? :confused:

7. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

According to the US embassy guidelines, you should post it to them if that happens.
    Having said that, it happened to my DW and I a few years ago and [touch wood] despite my doing nothing about it, we`ve had no problems on subsequent visits.

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

likewise!