1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

On phone to WDW Dine and ready to scream

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Debbie2, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Today is our 90 day mark :)

I was on the phone at noon here and immediately in the queue which stated would be 25 minutes :thumbsdown:

Half hour later answered by lady called 'Passion' who took all my details and off we went with day one of ten....and then I was cut off

So now been 27 minutes waiting in a 35 minute queue. Suffice to say I am not feeling much passion towards the CM of the same name :slap:
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Debbie, yes!!! :yes:

What Keith said!

I did ours this morning at 6 AM EST and it only took me about 25 minutes for all of them (six different ADR's)! No problem to speak of whatsoever.

And... I got everything I was after! :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... better than the phone!)
  4. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Phew...what a fuss that was.

After another 40 minute wait got through to another CM. I explained I had been cut off had to call/wait again.....was she bothered/did she apologise...NO!

So we went through then ten days and the good news is got what I wanted give or take half hour time difference which is fine. I know the job of taking these reservations must be boring but it wasn't a pleasant call at all. Got all the usual spiel i.e must have park ticket/arrive at podium 20 minutes before blah blah blah. Her voice was monotonous and she lacked any interest

Anyway..first ten days done. Planning to do final 4 days on-line. Hoping that is my one and only bad Disney experience this year!

I made my first night one on-line easily whilst in the queue, but wanted to do the +10 so as I understand had to call as couldn't do them all on-line?
  5. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Oh I didn't know you could do +10 on-line. I didn't book through Disney.
  6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Glad you got what you wanted in the end!

I used to love callng Disney Dining but this year was so stressfull!! Getting cut off numerous times, different CM's giving me completely different information, some allowing me to book each day after the first 10 and others saying they couldn;t do that and i would have to wait until 90 days out for each of the other days :rolleyes:

The first 10 days I have booked DS as an adult as that is what i was told but after that they have said no he should be a child even though he pays adult prices :rolleyes: I tried to change the original 10 but the CM sounded quite flustered so I was worried about losing them all s I have left it as it is - hope there are no problems when I get there! :unsure:

All done eventually but it was not an enjoyable experience, hope the online system is working flawlessly before we go again - won't hold my breath though :lol:
  7. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

I agree Lisa....after planning and patiently waiting for the 90 day marker to be hit by such apathy really puts a dampner on your excitement doesn't it?

I know it must be boring but to us it's a sign that the holiday you have been saving for and waiting for is just around the corner.

Anyway, so far I have booked Nine Dragons, Cali Grill, Hollywood Brown Derby, Tony's Town Square, Le Cellier, Raglan Road, Sci Fi Dine Inn, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern and Ohana.

Still to do Boma, Narcoossees, Cali Grill (yes want it twice). CM said I couldn't book anymore for another 10 days but I remember last time ringing daily for my final few so I'm a bit confused.
  8. keith

COMPLETELY agree! I really think someone needs to give Disney a kick on this and they need to get rid of the apathy and get more of the really nice CMs on there

Definitely worth trying daily IMHO

Great set of places, pretty much what we did earlier this month! We do Cali Grill twice each trip too and absolutely love the atmosphere. It's wonderful when the lights dim and the wishes music starts
  9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

As long as you have your resort confirmation number you should be able to tie your dining reservations to that.

Yes, it will let you book several at once. I did six of them online. It's a shopping cart type of system. Find your ADR, add it to your cart, lather, rinse, repeat. Then once you've gotten them all in your cart, just "checkout". Seemed to work quite well for me.

Oddly enough. :unsure:

Only thing I found was to:
    1. Make sure you're logged into Disney.com
    2. Tie your ADR's to your resort confirmation.

Tom :)macwave:... not displeased)
  10. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

That's the problem...I booked with VH and whilst I have my Disney reservation number I haven't got a phone number to put in as I didn't make the booking myself. Hence I can't log in :thumbsdown:
  11. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Thanks, Keith... I think I will give it a try tomorrow for my 'Day 11' as it is for a birthday and I particularly want to get that one.
  12. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Try phoning daily Debbie - some days I had to phone 3 times before somebody would let me book but eventually I managed to find somebody who would do it - they all seem to have different briefs :rolleyes: One lady said she could lose her job if she booked for me others did it straight away!
  13. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Can you only use the online ADR system if you are staying onsite?
  14. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

no anyone can use it diane
  15. Isafari

:thumbsup: thank you
  16. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Im glad you were able to get everything you wanted to... even if the experience wasnt pleasant
  17. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh my GOSH!!! Do NOT get me started on calling that hateful WDW DINE line!!! :hopmad:

TOO LATE! I'm started.

Miserable CMs who don't know how to use the system and take their frustrations out on you. Stupid system that cannot find ADRs even WITH A CONFIRMATION NUMBER, and a system that shows consistently that there is no availability when there IS! :hopmad:

Can you tell I'm OVER WDW DINE?! I've not yet tried the online feature, but I will be doing so very soon.

Seriously disgusted with the ADR booking process and the absolutely unacceptable amount of time it takes to make simple reservations. I don't want all the nonsensical chatter, just accomplish the task already!!!

OK, I'm going to a dark room with an ice pack now... :(
  18. Isafari

I'm dreading the time coming to make my ADR's :unsure:
    At the time I want to be on the phone, I will be at work and it's hard enough as it is without it being for during the Christmas/New Year week.
  19. keith

I have to admit to a serious melt down when trying to book an ADR from my resort earlier this month :(

I phoned up and was on hold for ages, finally got through to one of the really rude CMs on that line. I bet most of you know the type I mean.

EVERYTHING was too much trouble and I should have hung up and redialled but I guess I wasn't in the mood so I carried on.

Well she HAD to have our resort reservation number before she'd even look anything up and of course it wasn't bringing anything up. I said why does it even matter if we're staying onsite! we just want to know availability for tonight so why not put us down as offsite so you dont need a reservation number and look it up that way. She wouldn't.

So we tried UK reservation number. US number. Resort + room was no good to her. Phone number was the resort which was no good. My cell phone number didn't work on it and this was all BEFORE she'd even look to see if there was availability.

In the end, there was nothing available on the system at ANY of the places we wanted to try. I kinda didn't expect there to be but I hadn't counted on 30minutes of negotiation BEFORE we got the information!

I said well we've been on the phone 35 minutes so we want *A* reservation *SOMEWHERE* please find someone, anywhere on property that has a space. <pause> "I can't do that, I have to look at specific places". :slap:

As if it isn't already bad enough that we need to guess what we'll feel like eating 90 days out, this awful ADR system with some truly awful CMs on the line (not all I know, some are great), just really adds insult to injury.

VERY much hoping the online system works so well we can avoid using the line in future.
  20. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, I am going to be totally uncharitable and say if there are nice and knowledgeable ADR CMs out there, please introduce me to one. :(

I know they have a new system. I know the new system absolutely STINKS, but you know what? WE didn't create or initiate the new system so don't take your frustration out on me.

I had much the same issue, Keith but with a twist. I had made several ADRs and had confirmation numbers. Like a dolt, I decided to call to be certain everything was ok, as there had been some out of ordinary issues when booking the ADRs. The call was later in the same day that the ADRs were made.

To make a tedious story short, they could not find the reservations by any means (much like yours) including the confirmation numbers for the ADRS!!!!!! :hopmad:

It did get sorted in the end, but only after insisting (for the second time that day) on a supervisor's involvement. Then of course it ended up being my fault as the address they had was wrong. Uhhhhh...oKAY! That wasn't a barrier to making the ADRs earlier in the day and completely overrides the fact that they couldn't bring up the ALREADY confirmed ADRs even using the CONFIRMATION Numbers.

OK, clearly I'm on an out of control rant about this as I've written it at least twice here this morning. :spring:

But MAN! It really aggravated me when it was happening. :sigh: