1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

One for Orlando residents

Discussion in 'General' started by Suebeattie, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I know this is a long way away but when we go on our long awaited holiday next October it will be my dad's 60th birthday :D. My brother and I are planning on getting him a driving experience at Daytona but I want to look into getting a cake made for him.
    Now it will be a bit hard to get a cake out to Orlando from the UK so ideally need to find someone in Orlando area to make the cake and deliver it to where we are staying (we are staying offsite of WDW).
    My question to those you live in and around Orlando or who may have done something like this have anyone they can recommend?
    :wiggle:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The very best place to get cakes is, believe it or not, Publix!!! They have a special order department where you can choose the flavor of the cake, the filling (if you want filling) the type and flavor of frosting, and the decorations.

The only catch is they don't deliver, but a taxi will make short work of that!

Google the nearest Publix to the address of where you are staying.

Otherwise, you can have a beautiful (albeit seriously more expensive) cake made at Disney and delivered to the Disney restaurant where you'll be having dinner. You will need to call Disney, select the cake, filling, frosting, etc...

3. Suebeattie

Thanks tink, will see if I can find anything online about the publix one. We probably won't be at Disney on his actual birthday and will probably have a mini party at the villa.
    Do you know how long it takes to get the cake done? We'll have a car so can order and collect, his birthday is in the 2nd week and we will no doubt go to a publix for our groceries anyway. :)

4. Tink

Well that's perfect then, your having a car. When you first go to Publix (I'd allow a week, just to be safe, but I know they do them in less time) go to the bakery counter and tell them you want to special order a cake. They'll give you the form, and help you complete it and answer any questions you may have. :yes: They will then ask you what date and time you want to pick it up. If you happen to choose chocolate with raspberry filling and buttercream icing, save me a piece will ya'? ;)

5. Suebeattie

Will do thanks tink :)

6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

They have a book with literally hundreds of designs in it. You can find a sampling of the available cakes here.

And like Tink says, they're good. :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... use them frequently myself.)

7. Tink

Just so you know, they will have extremely elaborate cakes on offer in the bakery case (usually). You'll be amazed. The "regular" cakes, with filling and frosting are absolutely delicious, so if you don't want to go to all the trouble of one of the fancier ones, you won't be losing out on any deliciousness. :D :D :D

8. Suebeattie

Thank you both so much and thank you catrancher for the link, it's helpful to see the cakes they do and I think know which one I'll choose :)
    Shame they don't doing anything nascar related but the Harley Davidson one will be perfect :D

9. Tink

Ask them about NASCAR if that is your first choice. They just may be able to do it for you.

10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We picked up a couple of Publix cakes up in Lake City for my MIL's birthday party. They were scrumptious.