1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

One More Sleep!

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Ursula, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Yay! Onbe more sleep before we go!!!!!!!! Can't type for toffee now cos I got me new nails on for me 'oliday. Pain in the arse they are but look loverly
    Anyway the cast are... Me goodself and himself and herself... the daughter

WQell after a week of frippin' shenanigans we're finally here. I been getting well stressed oput. We have all had various appoi8ntmenbts that couldn't be done in the school holidays... oh no... they happened to fall in the final week of our countdown... flippin' typical.

DD has had her hair done... so have I and hubby has had his usual number 4. Usually I do it but because we're going to a posh 5 star hortel I didn't want to make a mess of it and make him look like a dork. Don't usually make a mess of it but sods law and all that... cos once the clippers got stuck in his hair and stopped (PMSL) although he didn't see the funny side I was cracking up at the time.
    Oh and OMG! I did dd's eyebrows for her yesterday... the fuss! you'd have thought I was killing her. Every hair pulled had to be closely examined to make sure I got the right one and was doing it right It ended up one eyebrow a teensy bit shorter at oner end than the other.. she threw a fit... she had a mirror and was closely watching my every move.. I can't tell you how long this took us plus |I had me new nails on by then so it was doubly difficulyt to do. Finally she said Mum just pull ONE hair from the end there to even it up... ok so I got the tweezers ready between me new nails somehoew and tugged at the hair.. well omg I got two hairs... I thought oh she won't know... jeeze it's only a hair... she puts the mirror up to her eyebrow and closely examines it... flings the mirror down on the bed and proceeds to have a fit... she was yelling at me.. YOU PULLED TWO! all accusing at me.. she flounced off to her bedroom her face red with rage shrieking blue murder at me... sheeesh it was only a hair I heard her in her bedroom yelling that I was NEVER EVER touching her eyebrows ever again and that I was number dyslexic cos I can't count.... (sheesh it was ONE extra hair I pulled by mistake).... the world has ended people..... lol....

Anyways I told her.. she does it herself from now on and I couldn't care less if she goes around looking like a frippin baboon from now on. WQell we have been weighing our cases and frowniong... we got well spoiled by TCD with double luggage allowance on this holiday we're only allowed 23 kgs each for three weeks. That is so hard to do AND I only got light cotton cheesecloth shirts and light crocs in my case too but it soon filled up on the weight I been doing the laundry and cos of the crappy weather it's mostly had to be tumble dried so blame me guys for the now bigger hole in the ozone layer Well the house has been scrubbed from top to bottom and this week has been light flicks and the cat has kept out of the way fro fear of be9ng flicked over too. We have picked the pumpkins and brought them in to ripen on the kitchen table... cos the kids round here saw them and went *wow* so we knew we would come back to a pumpkinless yard if we left them there lol. I am taking pictures and Dawn has promised to help me incorporate them into my trippy when we get back! Yay! (if we come back lol) Anyway.... the cases are downstairs and locked up... only to be unlocked again as we rememebr we need stuff out or to put stuff in them, the hand luggage is ready by the front door and checked and rechecked for passports, money and tickets... then checked again just to make sure cos I watcherd airline and seen it happen so many times... numptys not taking their passports... I dread that happening to us. We getting the cat ready to take her to the cattery... this should be fun... not... she has her own personality and this will be worth me taking photo's of himself trying to get her into her cage Off to surf and kill time cos this last day is gonna drag I betcha. XXXXXXXXX
  2. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    You must be sooo excited!

I loved your story about your DD's eyebrows!

I know what you mean about the luggage - I want to take everything and it's just not going to work, particularly if we want to leave space for souvenirs!
  3. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Oh noooooo space for souvenirs :( runs off to unlock cases again for the umpteenth time>>>>>>>>>
  4. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    :oops: sorry! :lol:
  5. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

See you when you get back.. After me.. Sobs. Have a great time Helly, N and A. Xxxxx
  6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Fankoo X.... DD has just had one strop too many so I have just ripped her a new one..... she's in her bedroom hopefully learning how to be grateful for all the things she has. Didn't like doing it but it had to be done... I was NOT going to have three weeks of my holiday ruled by her face. She'll be alright when she's mulled it over in her head.
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

What is it with kids, eh? Sometimes they just do need to be reminded that they have a pretty darn good life, and that a little gratitude is in order. One hair. As if the world would end over that! Good of you to be helping her with her eyebrows at all! :yes:

I'm sure you've checked every single thing, and then some. :yes:

Enjoy every minute of your holiday Helly. :hug2: We'll surely miss you around here while you are gone though. :sigh;

(Your DS is old enough to stay home alone, yes? Just sayin'). :wink:
  8. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Helly i hope you have a truly wonderful holiday. Kids eh i have one grounded at the moment as the school rang me and middle DD was very "ungrateful" yesterday as i was buying her clothes.
  9. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

Have a fantastic time Helly!!! Lots of pics tho ...we need pics :)
  10. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

Have a fantastic time :p015:
  11. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

Have a wonderful time!!!!
  12. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Have A Fantastic Time, Helly ! Good for you for reaming your DD a new one . Sometimes they need to be put in place . She'll be fine and you will all have a wonderful time . :hug2:
  13. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

She's fine... she's out of her bedroom now and she's over the sulks ;) I knew she would be... I tell 'em off anrd that's it over and done with. Thank you all will see you when I get back X
  14. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Have Fun, Helly ! You Deserve it !
  15. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Have a great time!!!
  16. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

have a fab time Hellyx
  17. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Hope you all have afantastic holiday :hug2: