1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Online check-in - can you make requests?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Deb, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

I want to make my building requests for POR, and have no idea where to email them to. However, I can check-in online from now if I want to (notice how I am staying calm and not jumping up and down like a Tigger thing) and wondered if anyone knew if that option gives you the opportunity to make a note of your requests?

Thank you :)
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oooo so close :D

Not really no. You have to have made any special requests on your original booking, at online checkin from what I recall, it's pretty much click, credit card, click, done. Perhaps there's an option or two that I'm forgetting but certainly not which building you wanted and I cant remember a place for notes ;/ (I think I remember it asking you if you were celebrating anything)

You can fax the request to the hotel which has in the past worked well for me but to be honest these days, they seem less and less willing to listen to requests although last time we were at POR we got put in a room miles away and at checkin said no look we want one in oak manor and they finally obliged
  3. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Thanks Keith. When we booked it was a bit of a Carpe Diem :D when we saw the special offer and booked it fast, not really having time to research the resort...it was back up to full price the next day!

I shall fax the resort on Monday (I would think that the booking should have left Central Reservations by then and gone to the hotel itself) and then check in the old fashioned way on Thursday. (Thursday!!!!! :bounce: )

We're only really listing a choice of 4 buildings, nothing else, so fingers crossed we might be ok. If not, who cares, we're at Disney!! :tralala:
  4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

so this online check in thing- how does it work?
  5. keith

fairly pointless IMHO

In theory, instead of spending an age at checkin whilst they scan your card, ask for ID, and type an essay into the computer before giving you your room key, you do it all online and then just go and pick up your pack from a special place.

In practice the special place is erm checkin :lol: and they still type quite a bit into the computer anyway.

It's fine, and you may as well do it if you can but it's certainly no big deal if you don't
  6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

so it's meerly so that i can get a bit excited then!
  7. mrtoffee

mrtoffee Earning my ears

i've been wondering if online checkine is worth it when we go but i think i will just do it the old fashioned way
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm with you Mrtoffee. :yes: I used it once (for non-Disney hotel) and whew. What a complex web was woven! The desk clerk couldn't change what I had entered, or he'd get in trouble, and one I looked at the room I had selected online, it wasn't sufficient to my needs.

After serious monkeying around (including calling in the dominant male gorilla :D ) they were able to provide what their customer wanted. :sigh:

So nope, I'll give it a pass thanks. :yes: Humans are still required for this process as far as I'm concerned. :yes:
  9. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I never had a problem with the on-line check-in until this past trip.

There are quite a few requests you can make online but I'm not promising they'll meet all of them...I requested to be close to transportation (PO Riverside). At first they had us in Oak Manor (reletively close to a bus stop) but then moved us to Parterre Place (the furthest away from a bus stop) when we decided to stay an extra night. The stupid thing is that they were NOT full.
  10. Themouseexperts

Themouseexperts Earning my ears

We have found that online check-in as mentioned, makes it very diffucult to move rooms at check-in as your credit card and tickets if doing a package, not to mention dining if on the plan, are tied to the room. The system does not like to override that so it actually takes longer than if you were to just wait. I always forget to do it online and now just wait as we have found it easier and even when there is a long line (only once in June), it only took 10 minutes. Just make sure to ask where the room is before completing the check in process no matter what.
  11. keith

This is such good advice :yes: we've found the same

Hey welcome to the forums! :wave: