1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

opinions on beach club?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by DisneyAddict, Jul 4, 2011.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

Im guessing youve all stayed at the beach club? :lol:

someone help me out, whats it like? I kinda fancy it cos of its location next to epcot but then its expensive so whats in there to make it worth it?
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've never stayed at the Beach Club, but it is probably one of my favourite resorts :)

We been there lots of times and both myself and DH have said we would stay there if we ever stayed on site again (unless it was Christmas and then it would be the Grand Floridian)

I love the whole atmosphere of the place, if you have children it has a fantastic pool with a sandy bottom and there is easy access to the Boardwalk, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

It is expensive unless you can get a good rate, but I think it's worth the extra if you can afford it. A few years back I had the choice of staying at the Poly or the Beach Club, I chose the Poly and have regretted it ever since :shrug:
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I haven't stay there either, however, I would in a heartbeat if someone else is paying. :lol:

I think that the epcot resort area is the perfect, and I really do mean perfect location. Being able to walk or take a boat to 2 parks is fantastic. Also, the boardwalk is just a nice place to hang out in the evening.

I received a great rate at the Dolphin one year and jumped on it. While the Dolphin doesn't feel like Disney, I would stay again for the beds and the location.

It's true what realtors say: location, location, location.
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

mmm yeah Im pondering a few days at Christmas I've never tried the beach club although I was disappointed by the yacht club so that's made me wary
  5. foreverducky

How come you were disappointed in the Yacht Club?
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We haven't stayed at the Beach Club but have at the Yacht Club. We enjoyed the stay but felt the room was a bit small for a Deluxe. We overlooked Stormalong Bay, which in my opinion is one of the best arguments for staying at either. We normally prefer to save money on our room however, and normally stay at either a value or moderate (POR/POFQ)
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well I always liked the look of it and the feel when we went there for dinner etc.

The room however was tiny, the window was totally covered by tree branches just cms away so literally couldnt see out of it and there was no FEEL to it. We came out from our room, downstairs and out, same on the way back in. So none of that GASP when you walk into the lobby of the animal kingdom lodge or wilderness lodge.
  8. foreverducky

Oh, I get that. I would have been disappointed too. There is something to say about a nice view and walking into a lobby that is stunning.
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We love, love, love the Beach Club. It's our favorite resort (not to be confused with OKW as our favorite DVC resort).

It's closest to EPCOT, our favorite park. The CMs there really care about the quality of your stay (unlike those at the Boardwalk who seem to think you are bothering them) and will go out of their way to help you out.

We love the light and airy feel of the place. It is very evocative for me as it reminds me of the cottage in Maine where I once spent summers...

The restaurant is one of our favorites for character meal breakfasts and wonderful shellfish buffet. :yes:

The pool is the largest on property, with the sandy area for children, a deeper area with current for adults (and inner tube) the wicked slide! and just little nooks and crannys to soak along it. There is a hot tub, and a quiet pool as well.

It is now also a DVC resort, and that area is quite nice too, but we prefer the hotel proper.

Beaches and Cream is a fun little place for a quick lunch or yummy ice cream.

Martha's Vineyard is a lovely lounge area, nice for after or before dinner drinks. There is a boat rental area, and the friendship ferry runs to EPCOT or DHS. Although, the walk to EPCOT is very short, with a nice little pathway along the canal if you don't want to go up over the little hill.

They have a beach area with chairs and chaises (but do stay OUT of the lagoon water) and sometimes movies on the beach!

We don't care for the Yacht Club at all, as Keith has said too (but we love the Yachtsman's Steakhouse for dinner and the Crew's Cup lounge for drinks).

Oh, and Hurricane Hannah's is a fun little poolside snack bar.
  10. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

Is there much of a centre to the beach club? like a lobby area ?
  11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh yes. :yes: The entry lobby is quite pretty, with a little area for children to watch the Disney Movie that will be playing on a television set. A bit off the lobby is one of the nicer resort shops. All resorts have a shop, but this one seems to have a nicer selection of merchandise than most. Also, it has a nice area for purchasing counter service type foods. Because it is now also a DVC, is why there is a counter service area. It's a bit like a deli...
  12. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

That location is a big part of the cost. Deluxe resorts also offer larger rooms, queen bedding and a wide selection of dining and recreational amenites. The rooms are an average of about 400 sq ft which is almost the same as the Polynesian. But the rooms are more narrow and the furniture is larger which absorbs the length and makes it feel smaller.

The entire are has so much to offer as you can walk over to the Boardwalk. There are water launches that take guests to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios.This is one of our favorite resorts and you will enjoy your stay if you decide on the BC.
  13. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Of the Epcot Area resorts we have only stayed at Boardwalk Villas. The location alone is worth staying at the Beach Club. Add on top of that Stormalong Bay (which is considered the best resort pool on property) and you are set.

We love walking to Epcot and DHS. Since we also have a resident pass (you can do this is you have a hopper as well) we usually walk through Epcot and then jump on the monorail to MK. That way we only have to take a bus to AK.
  14. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

you are all making me jealous, i wish i could afford to stay at a moderate, let alone a deluxe :lol: ive only ever set foot on site once, last trip at the boardwalk and loved it even tho it was p'ing down with rain :(
  15. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've done it once Mick and if I ever went at Christmas again and I could afford it, I might be tempted by the Grand Floridian for Christmas eve and day. Other than that if I had to choose between a deluxe or staying at a villa, the villa would win everytime :yes: