1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Orlando Them Parks report 10 ride incidents during past 3 months

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-parks1608oct16,0,2154894.story

Three people were hospitalized with chest pains and three others with broken bones after riding Central Florida theme-park attractions during the past three months.

The major theme parks regulate their own ride-safety programs, but they report basic details of serious ride injuries, usually defined as requiring at least 24 hours in a hospital, to the Florida Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection.

In the latest quarterly reports, obtained by the Orlando Sentinel, Walt Disney World listed eight ride incidents and Universal Orlando two during July, August and September. SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Wet 'n Wild reported no incidents.

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I think that is a remarkably small number considering the volumes of people attending and the age groups covered!

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Me too! :yes: