1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Orlando vs Sanford Airport?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by wishesandpixiedust, Jun 5, 2010.

1. wishesandpixiedust

wishesandpixiedust Earning my ears

Which is the better, easiest, fastest airport to go to in orlando?

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Sanford is smaller and quicker to go through from landing to getting your car but is slightly further out but as you are out quicker it's as broad as it's long really.

Sandra

3. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

we love sanford it is a quicker get through as Sandra says but longer drive we dont go the way that everyone is told to go we head straight along Lake Mary Blvd to emma road stop off at longhorn steak house there then back onto lake mary blvd to the I4 then straight down to disney :) i love seeeing the tall buildings of downtown orlando :)

4. Scott1066

Scott1066 Earning my ears

Only ever been to Orlando its a great starting place me me and kids. Just starts the excitement

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I hated Sanford and loved international.

International for me is a proper airport and i do not mind hanging out at international if the flight is delayed but Sanford feels so small and i do feel 'trapped' there in some sense.

International is so much closer and we use magical express so not much of queue in some sense with our luggage.

Fab shops at the international fab for last mins shopping or to get rid of dollars leftovers!

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Although I`ve never flown into Sanford, we have picked several folks up from there and I agree with the comments made by deafjeff.

My DW and I spent one night at the Hyatt at MCO before a cruise and it really is a nice airport to browse around in you have some time to kill.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Never flown into Sanford, being as how we live in the US. But it is more than slightly further out. If you take the I4 down to Disney depending on traffic it can take a good hour or more. When I drive down from home we normally pick up the 417 (toll road) at Sanford and go that way. It still takes at least 30 minutes longer than flying into MCO. Plus, if you are not renting a car, DME does NOT go to Sanford and a taxi/limo is going to be quite a bit more expensive.