1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our 2013 Combined Birthday Trip Part VI

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by uscwest, Mar 30, 2013.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Today is Monday, President’s Day. It is our last full day at WDW. We haven’t visited DHS to ride Toy Story Midway Mania yet, nor have we visited Animal Kingdom, which would remain unvisited. We arrived at DHS to long lines, as we expected. However, unlike usual, where they let you in the gates and you go as far as a rope drop at Sunset Boulevard, they were keeping us outside the gates. The park was due to open at 09:00 this morning and they finally opened the gates at 08:45. Oddly enough, while there was a mad rush for TSM it was nowhere near as bad as usual. Donna went on ahead and grabbed us fast passes. She was just coming out of the FP area when I got there and we immediately went into the standby queue. The queue was not long, certainly not more than 15 minutes. We bumped into Jon, Jo and the girls walking through the queue. Soon we were aboard a vehicle. Though I got off to a decent start Donna once again thumped me. Next it was off to Starring Rolls Bakery. Donna got an éclair and some coffee, while I snagged a couple of everything bagels, cream cheese, coffee and milk. It was quite pleasant, if a bit cool, sitting outside enjoying our breakfast. Next was the Great Movie Ride. That also took not much more than 10 minutes. We were fortunate as they were looking for two riders and we were ushered to the front of the line. From here it was back to TSM for our FP. And once again I got thumped. I’ve still never beaten Donna when we are both in the same car. I did manage to outscore her when she was in a car with her brother David on the last trip, but she says that doesn’t count. Leaving TSM we decided to check out The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow. The queue for this was 60 minutes and it took every bit of that to get inside. Once inside you are greeted by a CM who asks if you are ready to be part of a pirate crew. You are then ushered into another room which is set up as if you are on Captain Jack’s ship. I won’t go into a lot of detail here so that I don’t ruin it for those who haven’t seen it. Would I do this again? Yes, I would, but I would NOT stand in line for an hour to do it.

Given that we had a fairly light breakfast, and the time of day now, we wandered around looking for something to eat. We settled on Fairfax Fare. I had considered doing Tower of Terror first, but the wait was 80 minutes so I decided not to ride it on this trip. At Fairfax Fare we both ordered the pulled pork sandwiches. Donna chose Cole Slaw with hers and I chose the baked beans. Both were delicious and I wished I had paid for an extra Cole Slaw. We each had a bottle of water. After lunch we wandered down Sunset Boulevard. I had to duck into the men’s room and as I came out the street performers were coming down the street. We watched them setting up and decided we really needed to be on the opposite side of the street to see them properly. We stood behind one of the benches to watch. The pretense of this show was The Dating Game. Don’t know if those of you in the UK had ever seen this on TV or not but they had a bachelor or bachelorette who sat where he/she could not see the three eligible bachelorette/bachelors and asked them questions. They then had to pick one of the three, sight unseen. Well guess who the bachelor was in this case. Yep, you guessed it, I got picked. This sort of thing seems to happen to me a lot. Donna says she got some good photos. The questions were provided to me by the street crew. I ended up choosing bachelorette number 2. As the show ended, the host asked me my name and gave me a FP good for any ride in the park. Donna asked why I didn’t choose TOT, but this trip was about US so for the third time today it was back for my thumping on TSM. We now headed out of the park and back to our resort for a rest up before dinner tonight at Be Our Guest.

Donna wanted to make sure that we were not late for BOG. Our ADR was for 7:35. We left the hotel, via the SOG bus, shortly before 6:00 I believe. The bus, unlike the Disney buses, takes you to the TTC. From there it was the Ferry over to MK. The lines to get in were not too long. We wandered down Main Street USA to confront a show going on in the circle in front of the castle. However, it was just wrapping up as we arrived. Donna took a few pictures as we started down toward Liberty Square. We noticed that Rapunzel’s tower was dark, I assume because they are still working on this area. We were still quite early but the lines for check in at BOG were quite long. Donna decided she wanted to shoot a few pictures so we wandered through this area and came upon a meet and greet with Gaston, so we got in line for that. Soon it was time to check in for our ADR. There were several folks in front of us, many of whom were trying to get a walk up. They were being turned away and told that the restaurant was booked solid into August. We were handed a pager and walked out on the bridge that leads up to the castle entrance.

Next, Dinner and the Gray Stuff.

TSM 1.jpg

TSM 2.jpg

TSM 3.jpg

TSM FP.jpg

TSM Score 1.jpg

TSM Score 2.jpg

Free FP.jpg

TSM Score 3.jpg

2. uscwest

More Pictures

DHS Hat.jpg

Starring Rolls Breakfast.jpg

Fairfax Fare Pulled Pork.jpg

Eclair.jpg

Mickey Bar.jpg

3. uscwest

The Dating Game

Attached Files:

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Another great instalment John. :thumbsup:

I MUST manage to do TSM one day but I`ve always been put off by the long wait times and I`m darned if I`m gonna get there for rope drop just for the sake of it!

Looking forward to reading all about BOG as we have an ADR sorted for dinner during our next trip in a few weeks time.

5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Great photos, SD :)

I think the queue for Toy Story Mania is one of my all time favorites!

HAHAHA, and you KNOW I love the street performers at DHS, and I can't say I'm a BIT surprised you got "picked on."

Well done!

6. susanm

susanm Imagineer

great report...