1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our 2013 combined birthday trip to WDW Part III

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by uscwest, Mar 6, 2013.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This morning we decided to eat breakfast here at our hotel. Wrong move. There was a long waiting list to get in. As is most of WDW this week, our hotel is quite full. So we headed over to Magic Kingdom. All I can say is WOW. The traffic was backed up trying to get into the parking lot and it took the better part of a half hour just to get parked. I really wanted to ride the trams here and pondered taking the handicap placard out of the window but then decided to keep it in, hoping for one of the end slots near the tram. However, the CM said the tram wasn’t running to that section of the parking lot and I ended up in the handicap parking, but it was first row and right across from the entrance to the TTC. Then, lines for the direct monorail were running down the ramps and out past the ticket windows. Donna and I opted for the resort monorail. It had a very short line. We got over to MK and the long lines, which will be a theme for this entire trip I think, continued. The park is jammed, wherever you go. We finally got into the park, got our pictures taken on Main Street USA and continued back to Fantasyland. Oddly enough we normally do Haunted Mansion first, but hey, we didn’t have breakfast, so those cinnamon rolls were calling. Service at Gaston’s was very slow. They had one person working each register and they had to take an order and then go pick it up including filling drink orders. We finally got our rolls and they were HUGE, but very tasty. We were able to find a seat and enjoyed our breakfast. Donna took lots of pictures. After eating we walked out just in time to see a celebrity meeting with Gaston. I didn’t recognize him at first, but as soon as I saw him smile I knew who it was. It was Michael Strahan, former professional football player with the New York Giants, who now costars on a popular morning TV show with Kelly Ripa. Next we went into the store where Donna purchased a lovely tea cup and a Beauty and the Beast Painting. We were able to have this shipped back to our resort, one of the few things Disney that this resort actually participates in. Next was a stop at Enchanted Tales with Belle. The sign said there was an 80 minute wait. However, I think we were in line, in the attraction, and back out in less than 40 minutes. It has changed a bit since the soft opening we had seen in October. Our journey next took us to The Haunted Mansion. Guess what, there was a long line. LOL. From there it was over to TTA and Carousel of Progress. We next went over to Pirates of the Caribbean. They had one side of this closed until you got deep inside near the ride. It looks like they are doing some sort of work, but we were unable to tell what. As a result, the lines were stupid long. Once on the ride we both looked for the mermaids but did not see them. L Given the traffic we had already encountered and the fact that we had to work our way back to the hotel, then to the bank and over to the Boardwalk for dinner at the Flying Fish we decided we needed to leave the park after this. We worked our way through the crowd and up to the front. Our timing however, like back in October, found us caught up in the three o’clock parade so we had to wait for it to end in order to exit the park. We caught the express monorail, which was crowded, got back to the TTC and got in our car. We then headed back to our resort.

These pictures are not in the order I would like them, but no matter what order I try to put them in they come out different.

MK_Entrance.jpg

Mayor.jpg

Castle.jpg

Castle 2.jpg

Crowded Main Street.jpg

In Gaston's Chair 2.jpg

In Gaston's Chair 1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Thank you John. Donna looked really comfy in that chair.
  3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

great pics!!

Sorry it was so crowded, is it spring break already?

Last year we went around Easter, and wow!! according to touring plans most parks were between 9.8/10 and 10/10 for crowds, first time Ive been in such crowded parks and it wasnt as fun as when the crowds are lower
  4. uscwest

Mari, the crowds weren't quite that bad maybe 7.5 - 8.5/10. But much heavier than I thought they would be. But then with Mardi Gras, Valentine's Day and President's Day all within one week, that is probably why.
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Loving the trip reports John and the photos are great :D

How has the Enchanted Tales with Belle changed, is it better or worse than the soft opening :unsure:
  6. uscwest

Wendy they have added a bit more on the inside including time to actually linger in that first room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

8.5 is a lot!!

lots of events on the same week too!
  8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Great pictures! The one of the castle showing the grass looks like a postcard!
  9. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Thanks John, I like the idea of spending more time in the first room.
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Very nice photos. Thank you for sharing them with us. When we were there it was jam packed with guests, too. Very busy time of year, spring break. :yes:
  11. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Those cinnamon rolls look yum-o!! And you and Donna look really GREAT! Can't wait to read more!
  12. Jaime

Jaime Earning my ears

Great Pics! You also picked the week that Kelly and Micheal were there. They broadcasted there show from MK did you get to see it at all? Love Kelly Ripa.
  13. uscwest

No we didn't see the show. We weren't in the MK that particular day.
  14. susanm

susanm Imagineer

great pictures.... i am so hungry right now (at work) and those rolls look yummy... thanks so much for sharing