1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our Dream Trip To Disney World Nov/Dec '08 - Pre-trip Report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

teresa jack and robyn cant make it!!

will have to re think x

2. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Hey Carreen

Well done you for copying this over must have taken a while, it was nice to re read it again. you are so organised i am now starting to wobble a bit i have a plan and tickets but i dont have any tshirts my guys wont wear them, yours and claires look amazing. I did have a another giggle at the race for life pictures...but like i said before it looked great fun, well done you guys for taking part.

i must join msn if thats ok, web cam sounds fun..

take care
    xx

3. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Yeah it took a while - luckily the little one gets up at ungodly hours and just veggies on the couch with his milk so I got a bit of time to get it done!

I really need to start getting on but with Half term and the Girly MSN chats ;) I'm getting very little done!:p015:

I'm sure the girls won't mind you joining in - do you girlies?:uhh::hug1:

PM me your MSN addy and I will get you added on!

xxx

4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Part 15 – 1st November 2008

Hi guys! I know its been a few weeks since I updated but guess what??? Today I can finally say – “We’re going to Disneyworld this MONTH!!!!!” I am soo excited three weeks tomorrow we will be leaving for Manchester! We are now finally on the last page of our countdown calendar and its great to see!

So what been happening? Well Paddy’s wee fiesta didn’t make it through the MOT so it had to be scrapped (all together now….Awwwww) and what did he go and do…..he went and bought me a Vauxhall Zafira and he has took my Focus CMAX. So we have now cancelled the 7 seater car hire up and down to Manchester but bad news is we did a trial run with the bags ( we just filled them with everything we had been buying for holiday and some dirty washing!:) ) and OMG its going to be really really tight! Between 6 of us we have 4 filled Holdalls and was planning on taking an empty case. This all fits in but it is going to be one uncomfortable car journey me thinks!! So we will probably have to curb the spending slightly! Don’t know how I’m going to break that news to my mother mind you!LOL

So I need to book airport parking now also – so that’s now been added to my “to do” list – which is getting longer by the day!
    I purchased a lovely little Tinkerbelle notebook and pens from ebay so that I can write all my notes for the trippie in!

[​IMG]

It was half term a few weeks ago and the boys and I had a Disney DVD day and we watched loads! Peter Pan, The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, Cars, Monsters Inc and the favourite surprisingly enough was….wait for it……Sleeping Beauty!!!! Here s a picture of them engrossed in it:

[​IMG]

As its Paddy and my 10th Wedding anniversary a few days after we get home I wanted to do something for him while we are away. I know he really fancied doing the Richard Petty Driving Experience but I just can’t afford that just now and after seeing him watch a couple of videos on You tube of the Drivealong I thought I would just go ahead and book this for him. Not quite the same but it will give him a little taster and hopefully he will be able to go to Daytona sometime in the future and drive himself!

So I printed off a little certificate that the lady who done the other invitations had designed and I put his name and date in the little box myself ( although you won’t be able to see it in the picture as its tiny. I then attatched the actual voucher to it. I’ve made a little card with a poem on it to go in the envelope as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last few weeks my evenings have been spent printing out the journal pages for the two older boys! OMG the pages look even better on paper than they do on screen but it has cost me an absolute fortune in ink – 8 colour cartridges and 3 black later but they look stunning! I am waiting on the covers being designed so that I can then take them to staples to be bound and as soon as I have them I will be posting pictures! I think the boys will have fun filling them out, plus its something they can take into school with them to show everyone what they done!

I also ordered my dollars the other day! Having watched the slow demise of the dollar over the last few weeks I had been kicking myself at not buying sooner but hey you live and learn don’t you! So after it had took a nosedive to 1.49 and then the next day it went back up to 1.54 I decided to bite the bullet and order! So order I did through Tesco !

[​IMG]

Typically though the next again day the rate jumped up to 1.60 – hey ho though its done now! My god its felt good having those dollars in my hand – they smell soooo good!!!!

I’ve also been watching the weather and it seemed to have turned rather cold in Orlando ( well cold for them – not nearly as cold as it is here in lovely Scotland mind you!) so have been looking at clothes and worrying about what to pack! I keep thinking we are taking too much but I really want to be prepared for all weather. I know we can buy out there but money is tight and we don’t have as much dollars with us as I was hoping for so can’t really afford to just buy clothes for the sake of it.

You know there is loads more proabaly to tell but I can’t for the life of me think straight so think I will leave it there and collect my thoughts properly and then update again!

xxx

5. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Paddy'll be pleased with his gift!

Boys look so sweet watching the films!

Me and Gavin parked here, can't recommend them enough

6. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Woohoo those $$$$ look so good!

I think you can guarantee another 10 years with that surprise hun ;) :lol:

7. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thanks Jodie!

I'm pretty sure thats the one we were planning on using as we have used them before when we flew to Cost del Sun from Manchester - great service!

xxx

8. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Aww thanks babe! I wish I could have afforded the proper driving but hey its always leaving plenty to do for a next time eh?;)

xxx

9. Chaffey

Chaffey Earning my ears

Thanks for the update Carren. I haven't been on for ages, what with half-term and DD2 birthday. Took me a whole day to make her a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cake.
    DD's have sleeping Beauty and I think I've now seen it at least ten times.

Hope you hubby likes the Richard Petty experience. Have to say I was quite happy standing at the side and watching when my friend done it. He loved it and wanted to go again straight after. He obviously didn't realise that I had an appointment with Mickey.

I can't believe that your holiday is approaching so quickly and OMG those $$$ lot so good.

Look forward to more updates before you go:fun50:

10. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thanks Tracey!

You'll need to post pictures of your cake! I'l bet it looked fab! I was going to order a cake through Disney for Aaron's birthday dinner at Crystal Palace. After reading alot of info on another forum regarding the cakes I phoned last week to order and the lady was far from helpful at all. The info she was giving me was nothing like what was given on the forum so I've decided to save myself the $40+ and just get one from Publix as I here they do lovely cakes as well! Plus it means we won't have to lug around a half eaten cake at the park we can save it for midnight feasting!!!LOL

Hope your daughters birthday was fun for her!

xxx

11. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Great update! Love all the pics and the poem, very sweet! The boys look so cute sitting together watching the films too, they'll be seeing the real thing soon enough!

12. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Oh Carreen
    Your poem brought a tear to my eye, did you write it yourself? its truly beautiful. I love the pictures of the boys they do look so angelic; bet they are hard work (worth it though). Dont worry to much about what to bring its surprising how many days one sweatshirt/jumper can be worn, you dont seem to mind on holiday :lol:
    xx

13. Chaffey

Chaffey Earning my ears

If I knew how to post photos I would. I'll try and down load the photos later as they are still on my camera at the mo and see what I can do. Any advise on how to do it.

14. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

If you open a photobucket account ( its free) and then upload your pictures to there, you then copy the IMG code below the picture and paste it into the post.

Hope that makes sense!

xxx

15. Chaffey

Chaffey Earning my ears

16. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

17. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thanks hunni! Sorry I missed your post earlier been in my bed for the last few days really not well with a stomach bug so haven't really been with it.

Aww thanks hun, I'm sorry to say that I didn't write it myself but loved it so much and summed up how I felt the best. My boys are the picture of angelic ( in pictures that is!) you should come here around 5.30pm then you will see how unangelic they can be! Hope your having a great time!.xx

Cake looks fab hunni! I'l bet there were a few bouncing children at your house!!!:gy:

Just to say that I am hoping to update at some point either tonight or over the weekend. Before I came down with this nasty stomach bug I managed to get the Journals bound and the last of my t-shirts done so will try and get those photos upoaded and posted asap.

So stay tuned!;)

xxx

18. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Part 16 – 9th November 2008

Well we’re down to 15 sleeps!

Well I had a really nasty cold last week and was feeling pretty lousy but I had to get on with things. On Tuesday Aaron went to stay with his Papa and his wife for a few days so that Paddy and I could have a massive house clean before holiday. So took him down to his Papa’s on Tuesday, and on Wednesday the cleaning commenced!

We absolutely tore the bottom half of the house apart and was very pleased that we got so much done.

We had promised the boys’ that we would take them to the fireworks display at the local park. Didn’t really fancy it much as it was a horrible wet night but couldn’t really get out of it. So off we trotted all wrapped up in the rain down to the park. It was a good excuse to try out the new camera and camcorder at night and practice for Wishes!

The pictures of fireworks didn’t really turn out though as it was really damp and the fireworks were hard to make out as there was loads of smoke!

But here are a few from that night!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we headed home and once the boys were settled I finished doing the t-shirts which were still to be done. I had a design for a t-shirt for the boys to wear on flight day which I’m going to put in there little goody bags and we will be giving them the night before we leave for Manchester!

So here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also got a design made for MVMCP. I wasn’t really sure about doing everyone in a matching t-shirt but thought this was quite cool so thought what the hell!LOL

Here they are, the boys all have t-shirts but if its cold I have long sleeved tops for them to wear underneath as well, and Mum and I have longsleeved versions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then on Thursday morning I woke very early with an awful stomach bug, won’t go into too much detail but you will get the idea that it wasn’t very pretty! I was really out of it and completely spaced out with it. Paddy was actually getting a bit worried about me as I was talking complete jibberish while coming in and out of consciousness at times! I still felt very rough yesterday but able to function a bit better so we managed to go get the Journals and autograph book bound.

I am sooo pleased with how these turned out. 8 Colour Cartridges and 3 black later but OMG they look stunning! When we took them to get them bound it was going to cost an arm and a leg to get them trimmed as well so we decided to leave them as they were – didn’t look too bad I didnt’ think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You will be able to see from these pics how thick the book actually is! I think we used in total 133 pages in each and that was leaving some of the designed pages out! I did the little intro page myself for the boys.

I think it will be a great thing to fill and use for their show and tell when they get back to school.

I also printed off the autograph pages for myself and got them bound. I plan on using them for scrapbooking when we get back. The boys have autograph books in there baskets from betsy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaking of Memories by Betsy, I bit the bullet and decided to order Paddy and Mum a basket as well couldn’t resist!

[​IMG]

So then Kieran gets sent home from school yesterday with this stomach bug and my Mum, Stepdad, Sister and Nephew have all had it so it seems to have been a nasty one. I was supposed to be picking Aaron up today but my Dad is going to keep him until tomorrow so that I can get Kieran better first. The last thing I need is an ill toddler as well!

How excited was I today though, the lovely postman delivered.........MY TICKETS!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Ok so they’re not really tickets as such but it feels so much more real when that big red envelope arrives on your doorstep with luggage tags included! How sad am I getting excited at luggage tags!

So I still have to print off Aidan’s social stories, and picture itinerary and sort out the packing but so far we seem to be getting there. My Mum is really nervous all of a sudden and she is starting to make me feel the same way. I don’t know why, I don’t feel worried about flying at all ( I do get really painful earache which I have bought earplugs for this time) usually but I think maybe because its such a long flight and the fact its going to USA that may be worrying me? I don’t know just feels so real now its soo close!

Anyway thats us for now guys, thanks for staying with me!

xxx

19. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I love, love, love the flying day -shirts! You are wicked talented!

20. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Aww hun your sweet but I can't take any credit for the designs I just printed and ironed!

xxx