1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our Dream Trip To Disney World Nov/Dec '08 - Pre-trip Report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Oct 15, 2008.

1. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thanks so much! I have to say most of my organising came before I had total mind block! I can't think straight just now, and talented I think not! All I did with the T-shirts is print and iron! Very creative person whom I now think of as a friend did the hard bit!
    I can't wait for MVMCP - forget the cookies hot choc for the kids I WANT it!!!!:gy:

Thanks hun!

At the minute I'm not sleeping too well I keep waking up remembering things but then through the day I seem to have a head like mince and can't think what I should be doing!:shocked025:

Thanks hun! Neither can I! I plan on taking hundreds if not thousands of pictures and I'm sure a fair few of them will be Christmas ones!!:p015:
    Good luck with the exams hunni I'm sure you will do great!!!;)

xxx

2. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Hi Carreen..:wavehands: you're in the final stretch now, hope you haven't done yourself an injury with all you exited energy :taunt:! What have you been doing with yourself so far this week?

3. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

careen careen careen.................

its almost time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i remember exactly how i felt 2 yrs ago and i dont think i could talk.....

and i dare not tell you what i was like when i came home... only that i was on a high for 6 months and only after that could i entertain having a normal conversation which didnt have anything to do with disney or florida!!!!

you paddy and the boys will have the times of your lifes, especially since you have planned it so well.

i wish you an amazing time and cant wait to hear how you all get on xx

christmas is a special time in disney!!!!

4. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Hey Hunni! I am soo excited its unreal! But the stress is taking over and its starting to make me feel sick with worry -which is just silly but there you go can't help it! I have been ironing ironing and ironing this week! Kids were off on inservice days Monday and Tuesday so its been hard work with them around!

Will post a wee update soon.
    xxx

Oh hunni! Your going to make me cry.....my nerves have got the better of me I think today. I really am in panic mode - I have went over and over the documents about ten times today alone!:wink:

But you know what.......I can't wait! 4 sleeps to go!

xxx

5. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Part 19 – 19th November 2008

Well we are now down to 4 sleeps to go!

I am going through a huge range of feelings, excitement being the biggest! But I am also nervous, worried, stressed, I think you all get it!

The kids were off on inservice days on Monday and Tuesday and it was hard work trying to get all the ironing done and sort things out while they were around with constant interruptions! But they finally went back to school today and it was just slightly easier trying to get packing done with just Aaron around!

Ok so remember my dilemma about how we were going to fit all 6 of us plus luggage into a Vauxhall Zafira?
    Well after yet another trial run there was absolutely no way we could get us all in to the car safely without taking next to nothing with us so my very lovely favourite kind Uncle has offered to drive down in our other car so he can take Mum and one of the kids and we will have two boots for luggage! Whoohoo! Crisis averted!

So with that in mind we are now taking two suitcases ( which aren’t even full but are nearly at the maximum 23kg weight allowance), Once half empty holdall, and another small holdall which will be full inside a larger holdall plus Mum’s holdall! SO think that will be plenty of space for all our souviniers – hopefully!

Anyway apart from panicking and packing I haven’t been up to much exciting really! I will post some pictures of the kids goody bags though. Mum, My Stepdad and my little sister and Nephew are coming over on Sat night. We’re going to have a takeaway and watch x factor and I’m going to give them their goody bags then along with Paddy getting his ticket for Richard Petty! Can’t wait to see what they think!

Anyhow here are the pics cos I know how you all love some pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SO that’s it for now folks will try to get back on again and wave bye bye to everyone before we go!

xxx

6. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Ah Carreen!!! They look fab, bet your mother's getting super excited too!

I'm really excited for you and like Claire said you're all going to have the time of your lives!! It's one of my most memorable things from when I was little, going to Disney, the boys'll never forget it and you'll all have a soft spot for it forever (I have anyway) :) Speak to you before you go :wavehands::hug2:

7. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Aww thanks hun! I cannot wait! Mum is getting excited as well but think nerves are playing her up a bit and she hasn't even started her packing yet - need to give her a few tips on the whole planning part eh?!:taunt:

xxx

8. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

The bags are awesome. You are such a kind Mummy and Daughter.

9. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

Have a super time we know you will cant wait to hear all about it :wave::wiggle:

10. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

you have a fantastic holiday :)

11. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Aww thanks loads! Lets just hope they like them!:taunt:

Oh I hope so Kerry! I am going to try and type up each day on the laptop so I at least have something when I come back!

Thanks soo much!:wavehands::thumbsup:

xxx

12. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

are the bags made by you or can we purchase them somewhere? they are so cute and just a handy size for dropping all those park maps and stuff in when your in the parks

13. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Whoooo Hoooooo! The bags look wicked!

14. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

No I bought the bags of the US Disney shopping website during the summer sale - think they were $6 each maybe - they going to be good for kids gym/swim bags when we get home too!:thumbsup:

Thanks hunni! ( thinking of you by the way!:hug1:) hope to catch you before I go!

xxx

15. Chaffey

Chaffey Earning my ears

Carreen,

Just wanted to say that I hope you have a fantastic holiday. I know I'm a bit early but not sure that I will get on much over the weekend.
    :wavehands::wiggle::wavehands::wiggle::wavehands::wiggle::wavehands::wiggle:

Not wanting to wish your holiday away but I'll look forward to hearing all about it when you get back, with loads of photos.

Have fun!

Tracey

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  16. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thanks soo much Tracey! I'm absolutely buzzing tonight! I have a pile of things still to sort out and we are now leaving a bit earlier on Sunday than I thought so its all systems go!:wiggle:

See you when we get back!:wavehands:

xxx

17. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Carreen

wishing you and your guys a Magical holiday; have fun and enjoy.
    xx

18. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

See ya soon!

19. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Part 20 - Saturday 22nd November 2008

Well this is it guys! The time has finally came its the "night before the night before!":thumbsup:

I have been cleaning and packing all day long and managed to make a quick trip into town for last minute bits and bobs!

Mum and everyone is coming round tonight for a takeaway and xfactor and I'm going to give them their goody bags so just thought I would pop on quickly and say a massive THANK-YOU for following me through this magical adventure that is my Pre-Trip report! I hope to be able to get the actual trippie quite soon after we get back but as there is only a few weeks until Christmas and I have still to do almost ALL of my Crimbo shopping I might not get a chance to do it so bare with me!!!

We're leaving a couple of hours earlier than first thought tomorrow as my Uncle will still have to travel back up to Scotland on his own and as there is forecast for snow we don't want him to be going back up to late!

So its a :wave::wavehands::wave::wavehands::wave::wavehands: from me!

And see you all when we get back!!!

Love and hugs
    Carreen
    xxx

20. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Whooo Hoooo! I guess you've gone now, or at least on your way to Manchester. Have a super wicked time and of course, we can wait for the trippie! xx