1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our Dream Trip To Disney World Nov/Dec '08 - Pre-trip Report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by caz1712, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Bye :wavehands:so excited for you! Have loads of fun and we'll hear about it whenever you have chance to post your trippie!! :hug1:

2. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

Have a mickey fabulous time :wavehands::wavehands:

3. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

They are on their way!!

Text received at 10:44am

Whoohoo.Thats us on our way!Feel sick with excitement!lol.x

Another one at 10:54 after i replied.

I am totally bouncing!We got disney music playing in car aswell!lol.Boys are now excited!Took great pleasure in crossing off last day on countdown!Thanks hun.(i wished her a safe journey)Don't know what the weather like down your way but was snowing heavy last nite and roads really slushy so just taking it easy!x

Woohoo they are gonna love it!

4. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Great to hear from them! :thumbsup: Thanks for keeping us updated T :)

5. Dizneyblonde

I know Claire had a text too but she has a virus on her laptop and can't use it at the moment :(

6. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Thanks for the update. They must have arrived at the hotel; her boys must be :bouncing:i know i was the night before.
    xx

7. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I can't believe she's been gone a week, hope they are all having a wicked time. x

8. Tink in Pink

Tink in Pink Earning my ears

Im sure they are all having a fab time!!!

9. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

carreen.......i am sure you will be on the plane flying home as i type this.

i hope the trip was all you imagined and more, and i hope that you are sat smiling at all the amazing memories you have from the trip.

i am really looking forward to hearing all about it as i guess a few of us are!!!
    cant wait to speak to you xx

10. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Hi Guys! Thanks for all the well wishes for us. We got home this afternoon we are all absolutely knackered and the house is like a bomb went off and the first two loads of washing are done!

I am sad to say that the holiday wasn't what I had hoped for in the magical sense but that is a really long story and to be honest I'm not sure how much I want to write about here. Maybe once I have slept I will have everything clear in my head.

We did make some great memories but some of the bad stuff is kind of out weighing the good at the minute I hope that I will be able to write a trippie but at the minute I won't be as I never got a chance to write any notes down after the 3/4th day and I still have all my Christmas shopping to do! AARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Anyway catch up with you all as soon as I have caught up on sleep!

xxx

11. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

glad your home safe................ catch up on some sleep :)

12. Dizneyblonde

Oh bless you hun you know where i am.XXX

13. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Welcome home Careen, looking forward to hearing about it as and when you decide to post anything.

Jodie.xx

14. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Hi Carreen hun :wave:good to have you home! Sorry to hear your thoughts that it wasn't what you'd expected, look forward to chatting to you whenever you have the time though :hug2:

15. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Thanks for the welcome homes guys! I have already spoken to most of you but I just wanted to thank you all here!

Its now a week on from our return and the things that made the holiday not so special don't seem QUITE as important as they did - while tired and jetlagged and to be honest I am missing Disney like mad now! With it being Christmas though and having done practically no Christmas shopping before we left this last week has been rather manic! So I will sort out the pictures and a report in the new year - I have been trying to get the Photopass pictures done first - so far I am up to 900 and there were 350 to start with!LOL

Its also mine and DH 10th Wedding anniversary today, unfortuanely he is working so we won't be celebrating as such. We agreed we weren't making a big deal out of it this year anyway what with going away and all but he really is just the most amazing husband in the world ever. I got breakfast in bed this morning and on my tray was three little boxes.

He had replaced both my engagement and wedding rings and bought me an eternity ring! I am still in utter shock! When we got married I was barely 18 and he 21 and we had very little money so my rings although special were not the rings he wanted to buy me as he couldn't afford much and he always said that one day he would buy me better rings.

I feel so awful as I really thought we had agreed to no presents ( I had got him the ridealong richard petty thing but that was just a little thing) and I have nothing for him and no money to do anything now. I'm hoping that I may be able to take him out for dinner at the weekend but we already had to get a babysitter for Fri as we are going to a friends surprise 40th so getting a babysitter for another night may be difficult - but I'l see what I can arrange!

Anyway if I don't get much more of a chance to get back on I hope that everyone has an amazing Christmas and that 2009 brings you all laughs, love and happiness!

Merry Christmas everyone!

love
    Carreen
    xxx

16. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

that is just so so so amazing.
    what a wonderfull man you have careen xxxx

17. wendy24

wendy24 Earning my ears

Hiya Careen,

It's been ages since I've been on here! I thought about you on 24th November as I knew that was the day you were flying out (and it was my 36th birthday) I'm really sorry to hear that it wasn't what you had expected but I'm sure that your 3 new rings will be helping:hug2: What a great man you've got. I had a crap start to my holiday aswell, the hotel was awful. As soon as we walked in I burst out crying and my DS said "It stinks in her Mum". Great start. Well after 6 days I couldn't stand it any longer, we checked out and booked into Floridays (we were booked here with TCD). It was heaven, more that I could have imagined. It made the holiday for me. I couldn't believe I had spent 15 months planning and saving up to get landed in a ****hole, and that's me being really polite. Anyway all's well that end'd well.
    I hope your experience hasn't put you off going back to Florida.

Regards

Wendy x

18. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Ok sorry for not having been on here properly for months and months!

But have finally got my act together on the trip report and will be posting it here today!

So thought I would bring this up here and let you all know that I have renamed the Trippie

"Disney Dreamin for Beginners" If I can figure out an index I will get it all sorted into one place!

Hope you like it!

Carreen
    xxx

19. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

About time! I was just debating wether or not you needed a slap up the backside for this delay!