1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our first ever trip .. Itinary April 2009 !

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by Bigkitty266, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Bigkitty266

Bigkitty266 Earning my ears

I have finally drawn up an itinary and now we are sooo excited

Please tell me what you think about it my main concern is is it do-able ??

There is 5 of us in total..
    Myself ... Catherine age 36 (37 on sunday :yes:)
    Husband .. Bryn age 37
    Son ... Lewis age 18
    Daughter .. Stephanie age 14
    Daughter .. Hollie age 10

It is our first trip to Florida in fact first time out of Europe and only 44 days to go

Monday 13th April 09.
    Travel, find villa, unpack & walmart.

Tuesday 14th April 09
    Seaworld.. Relax @ the villa in the eve.

Wednesday 15th April 09
    Aquatica (half day) .. Lunch @ Villa then DTD & Wolfgagn Puck in the eve.

Thursday 16th April 09
    Cape May character breakfast 7.30am & Epcot

[COLOR=red]Friday 17th April 09[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Magic Kingdom (till mid afternoon) Villa then back to MK for eve shows etc. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Saturday 18th April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Universal Studios. ... and shopping @ walmart.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Sunday 19th April 09 [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Rest day around pool & then 4.35pm hollywood and vine reservation and fantasmic @ 8.30pm[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Monday 20th April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Goden Coral for Breakfast.. Blizzard Beach... Shopping @ Orlando Outlet. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Tuesday 21st April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Busch Gardens ... Applebee's for tea. [/b][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Wednesday 22nd April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Island of Adventure .. Shopping at Prime outlet then Sweet tomato. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Thursday 23rd April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Discovery Cove & shopping @ The florida Mall[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Friday 24th April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Hollywood studios ... Mannys Chop House for eve meal.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Saturday 25th April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Animal Kingdom ... shopping @ Mall of millenia then cheesecake factory[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Sunday 26th April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Packing .. Typhoon Lagoon ... Bahama Breeze for eve meal then stroll around DTD. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Monday 27th April 09[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Home day ..Shopping @ the Mall & DTD check in, something to eat @ Earl of Sandwich and one last wander around. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

oh that sounds good to me, only thing is you may find yourself at Mk for longer than planned!

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Sounds good except for where you say "half day" at somewhere, in my experience you end up spending all day there and forgetting what else you had planned. But as long as you are prepared to be flexible with the itinerary you should be fine. :D

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Sounds great. Can I come with you? :angel:

5. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Sounds good but only make it a rough plan and very flexible so you don't exhaust yourselves and get upset if it doesn't go to plan XXXXXX

6. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Wise words Helly. I think it's good to have an outline but things happen and plans change so hopefully you can be quite flexable.
    Have you booked your ADR.

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Overall, looks good as a basic outline. As others have noted, plan to be flexible when needed. If everyone is enjoying a "half day" attraction, stay longer. If everyone is bored, move on to something else! Just don't judge any park by the first few minutes or hour. Take the time to explore a bit before deciding it isn't for you. :D

One concern is the split day at MK. Depending on the location of your villa, you may spend a lot of time on the road. I find it's harder to leave and return to a park than just stay all day, unless there is a real reason (someone really needs to rest at resort, etc.) for the break. Although some of the attractions may seem childish to your older children, there is a lot to do at MK. If you enjoy shopping, you easily can spend several hours on Main Street without going any farther! Save it for later in the day though, and grab FastPasses for the most important attractions first. :)

When you go to DHS for the dinner package and Fantasmic, it might be a good idea to arrive around 2:00 p.m. and take in one of the live shows prior to dinner. I find it difficult to fit all of them into one day, due to the scheduling. Perhaps Beauty & the Beast on Fantasmic day, as it isn't too far from H&V. Lights, Motors, Action and Indiana Jones are farther back into the park and should work well to schedule on the same day.

It's your holiday and you know what your family will enjoy most. That's what's important! :)