Our list of ADRs for our DxDP stay!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plan' started by Deb, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Deb

Deb Active Member

Following on from my thread about why we are being so crazy as to book the Deluxe Dining Plan on our upcoming 2 week visit to the Yacht Club, I thought I would show you my loooooooong list of ADRS :coffeetalk: Now, this has been tweaked a few times, and most likely will be again, but this is how it stands right now :yes:

On arrival evening we will play it by ear, but will probably walk around the Boardwalk, and get a CS meal to eat outside in the hotel grounds or on our balcony. We know from experience that we are often too tired to sit through a full meal, and it would be embarrassing to fall asleep with our head in our plates :goingtobed:

First full day
    7am Chef Mickey (a first day tradition!)
    Lunch at Casey’s Corner (another first day tradition!)
    17:45 Tutto Italia – we love to sit out on the terrace here in the sunshine.

Day 2 - My birthday!!
    7:30 Cape May Café
    17:35 Yachtsman Steakhouse. Wendy has very kindly asked Ricardo if he will be able to be our server as that will make all the difference in the world to us! It is so early as we know we will still be struggling to stay up late - it will be 22:35 according to our body clock!

Day 3
    11:30 Sci-Fi Diner (one of Mr Deb's requests :) )
    18:15 Narcoossees

Day 4
    9:15 Rainforest Café at AK
    19:10 Artist Point

Day 5
    8:05 Cinderella’s Royal Table
    18:50 California Grill (we may change this one to be somewhere more local to the YC)

Day 6
    8:30 Captain's Grill
    12:50 Be Our Guest
    19:50 Tokyo Dining

Day 7
    8:30 Cape May Café
    13:00 Beaches and Cream
    19:05 Flying Fish

Day 8
    9:20 Crystal Palace

Day 9
    8:30 Ohana
    14:50 San Angel Inn
    Snacking around the world in Epcot in the evening

Day 10
    9:30 Sci-Fi Diner Star Wars breakfast
    18:00 Be our Guest

Day 11
    9:25 Tusker House
    7:30 California Grill

Day 12
    8:25 Akershus
    18:00 Hollywood and Vine Star Wars and Fantasmic package

Day 13
    8:30 Kona Café (might change this one)
    13:15 Grand Floridian Café (might change this one)
    Snacking around the world in Epcot in the evening

Leaving day :crywave:
    8:00 Cape May Café
    14:30 Tutto Italia (to sit outside and get the last of the Florida sun)

So, that is 39 credits each out of the 42 we are allowed on the DP :)

Comments and questions welcome, along with suggestions for tasty light salads when we get back!!

2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Lovely list of restaurants, Debs! Don't worry a bit about the calories. :D WDW calories don't stick! :D (Actually, all the walking you do will offset the calories). :D

3. Britchick

Britchick Active Member

wowsers! don't cancel Kona, it's my favourite :)
    I always find that within a few days of coming back i've lost around 4lbs due to the walking - i tend to bloat in the heat though so don't notice when out there.

4. Deb

Deb Active Member

Yes, actually, I am the same. do so much walking and swimming out there that I need those calories!!

Brit...Kona...I like it a lot too. I was just wondering if I would rather eat in MK on our last full day so we are already in there, and so if something comes up in MK I might swap :)

5. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    Deb WOW! I love reading plans and those are some great ADRS!

You've really made some brilliant posts, I know I've printed them for my own reference :yes: good job and thanks!

6. Britchick

Britchick Active Member

i found it quite easy to get a walk up in Kona if we went early for lunch :)

7. keith

Home Page:
    So what's good at Kona ? is it a dinner kinda place or just a snack/lunch?

8. Deb

Deb Active Member

I have actually only been for breakfast, and I really liked it. The tonga toast and coffee were exceptional, and the service was great. I have to say that though I am sure it would be excellent for lunch and dinner I am not drawn to it for those meals. I think that is more about the surroundings than the food - a bit like the Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club. The food was really good, but the decor etc isn't as exciting a prospect for me for dinner. I know loads of people pick Kona as one of their faves though, so I am probably in the minority :)

9. Britchick

Britchick Active Member

either- not posh though but we don't particularly like posh at WDW. I think it's one of the more reasonably priced table service restaurants. The sushi is quite nice - but i seem to recall you don't like that. I've had the new york strip and the pork chops which were nice. Caitlin and I liked their famous sand in my pants non alcoholic cocktail. My absolute favourite though was lunch

Grilled Ahi Tuna Sandwich - served with Pickled Vegetable Slaw on our Pineapple Bread with Sweet Potato Fries $13.99

it was divine!

10. keith

Home Page:
    wow brilliant memory :yes: yep, hate sushi. keep TRYING to like it so I can look posh at Selfridges but can't :(

OOOO! ok thanks! may have to give it a try then!

11. uscwest

uscwest Active Member

We're also not lunch/dinner people at Kona, more perhaps that we don't normally dine at The Polynesian for dinner anyway. But breakfast. What can I say? Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut Pancakes. YUM.

12. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I had lunch there ages ago... stick with breakfast.

13. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Active Member

Retired NYPD Detective
    Love your ADRs but I have to say we were at Caseys about two weeks ago and we were disappointed. The hot dogs we ordered looked and tasted as if they were never cooked or heated. Caseys used to be a must do each vacation not anymore.

14. Deb

Deb Active Member

Butterhead, I am with you on this one. We last went 3 years ago and I think they had just changed the menu, and the types of bread rolls they used, and we both felt it was mediocre then. I can well imagine it has gotten even worse. I would have been happy to change it for the food aspect, but Mr Deb is a man who can cling hard to tradition :D When I asked him (more than once) if we could (should!) change that tradition for that reason he was adamant we wouldn't. He likes to sit at Casey's Corner and watch the castle and the people, and marvel at the bad manners of those trying to get tables. We also like to have moan and a rant that goes something like "That sign says Don't Feed the Ducks!. Can't people read???!!!!!!!" :lol: I have a feeling I will not be too hungry, just get a dessert, and pay out of pocket ;) And I no longer feel we will be eating there more often like we would have in the past.

15. uscwest

uscwest Active Member

Deb that sounds like my and Donna's rants when we are at Casey's. I will admit that their quality has dropped seriously since they went away from the all beef dog. Supposedly the reason was supplier cost, but with what they cost to buy at Disney I'm sure they weren't losing money.

16. Johnie

Johnie Active Member

Vocational Counselor
    You would need to roll me back home after all of that!