1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our October 2012 Trip - Part III

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by uscwest, Oct 12, 2012.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Breakfast at the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom was on the agenda for today. We had planned to do this a couple of trips back but had car problems (the windows got stuck in the down position over night and we had to take it into the shop) and we had to cancel. This is a buffet style breakfast. We got our pictures taken with Donald, I don’t remember how much the photos were but we’ll scan them when we get home and post them. There was a wide array of food available, but African based and traditional as well as lots of sweets, breads, etc. One couldn’t possibly have tried everything. Characters present were Mickey, Daisy and Goofy. The juice served was Jungle Juice which I believe is the same, or similar, juice served in Boma.

After breakfast we headed for the Kilimanjaro Safari Ride but there was a huge line so we opted for Fast Pass and took off on the Pangani Jungle Trek. There were lots of birds out and about today, more than we had ever seen before. We also got a great look at the Okapi, who is normally doing a good job of hiding. When we got to the gorillas, poppa was laying down with one foot and one arm up in the air. The young gorilla was swinging in the trees. Over on the bachelor side we saw a couple of them in hiding but I guess it was too warm to be up and about. After completing the trek it was time for our fast pass. There seemed to be some sort of holdup most of the way through the trip and we got some fantastic views of the animals, though the lions were still in hiding. The cheetah was up and about and very close to our vehicle, which was a first for us. We could see Zebra off in the distance but we never got close to them. Both the reticulated and the Masai Giraffe were close by our vehicle. The baby elephant was walking around with the herd.

From here we took a quick break and headed over to Asia. On the way there we caught a brief glimpse of DeVine, who was headed off stage. We met a young man from Indonesia who played music on an interesting contraption made of what looked like bamboo. We also met a young man who translated Donna’s name from English into Hindi. We chose to walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Again the birds were many and beautiful. The bats, as usual, were hanging from the ropes. I asked what kept them from coming into the building and was told they were too large to do so. The tigers were all resting today, again probably because of the heat and humidity. Donna doesn’t ride Expedition Everest and I decided the line was too long to wait so we left Animal Kingdom and headed over to EPCOT to sample some of the food and wine tastings. We only tried a couple of samples as the heat and humidity were getting to both of us. We then opted for a boat ride to Disney’s Hollywood Studios where we went into our favorite lounge The Tune-In Lounge and had a couple of cool, refreshing drinks. The Water Works fellows came out from the kitchen area and two of them sat at the bar. Both ordered drinks and one got a skewer of olives that he dumped Sweet and Low and Tabasco sauce on and proceeded to eat them! One of the fellows calling for “kids” to come to dinner appeared to be one of the street actors and he was hilarious!

Our original plan was to have dinner at The Wave, but after swinging by there to look at their menu yesterday we both decided there was nothing on the menu that we couldn’t get elsewhere and since we had missed EPCOT on Saturday due to our late arrival that is why we went over there. Following our drinks we caught the bus back to our resort in time to watch Dancing with the Stars.

2. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Sounds like a full day! We love The Wave and have always had a nice meal there, have you tried it before?

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

No, we've not done it but there was just nothing on the menu that jumped out at either of us and said "Eat Me".