1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our September 2008 DCL cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by catrancher, Jul 27, 2009.

1. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

During our September 2008 DCL cruise we met a delightful couple as one set of our dining partners who we've become good friends with. That couple was none other than our own Slowhand (Terry) and his DW (Sue). :thumbsup:

My DW and I wanted to put together a Christmas present for them this past Christmas so, being the shameless thief that I am, I stole Terry's pictures of the cruise off the web, added some of mine, and put together this video slide show! Put the whole mess on a DVD (correct format and all) and sent it to them for Christmas. :lightuptree:

I thought some of you who haven't had a chance to take a Disney Cruise but wanted to might enjoy seeing what some of it's like. So, I asked Terry if he'd mind if I posted this and he gave his blessing. So, here it is. It's about 15 minutes long. I hope you enjoy it! :wiggle:

<center><object width="504" height="378"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5860522&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5860522&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="504" height="378"></embed></object></center>

Now, get out there and book a Disney Cruise! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

absolutely brilliant video Tom thanks for sharing it! I'm going to show DW tomorrow for a taste of what the cruise is like

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Very cool video Tom :yes: Loved all of the music you chose too.

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Thanks Diane! Although, putting it up on Vimeo like this has allowed me to hear a mistake that I made. Used the same song track for two consecutive segments. I didn't notice it before since I was doing it for DVD and it has some menus and such to get to the various segments. Done this way, with the segments back to back, I find it most annoying! :mad:

Oh well, back to the editing room. I'll change the music for one of the segments and republish at a later date. Of course, that means I'll have to cut Terry a new set of DVD's. You'll have them in September mate! :yes:

Edit: All fixed now! I'm happy! :happydance:

Tom :)macwave:... lights... camera... ACTION!)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

As I said at the time Tom, this truly was a fantastic gift so many thanks again.
    What I particularly like about the DVD is that it is of the right length so as not to bore the socks off folk when you offer to show them "our holiday photos", :lol: not to mention the professional way in which it was put together. :thumbsup:
    It truly was a pleasure cruising with ya.