1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our Spooky Disney Celebration ~ Day One

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Ariel2008, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Ariel2008

Ariel2008 Earning my ears

Our Spooky Disney Celebration
    Day 1 ~ Halloween Party at Disneyland

Today was Halloween and we were off to Disneyland Paris, we were so excited. We were up at 6.45am, got showered and dressed and met the others for breakfast at 7.15am. The bar area was set up for breakfast, which was included in the room price, and there was cereal, yogurt, fruit, croissants, chocolate danishes, juice and hot drinks. There wasn’t the hugest choice and it was only cold items but it filled us nicely.

We left the hotel just after 8am and drove the 5 minutes to the Eurotunnel. Check in was easy, we just had to type a number into a machine and it gave us a ticket to hang on the mirror. That was it, we didn’t have to show anyone our passports or anything, it was quite strange. We waited in the car for about 20 minutes before we boarded the train, we were one of the last cars on but were right near the front. We drove into a carriage which had 3 cars in and was shut off from the other carriages by screens and doors. We had to open our windows half way and were allowed to get out the car although there was nothing to see or do. The journey took about 40 minutes, although we left a little late, it was much quicker than getting the ferry and it wasn’t scary like I thought it would be. We arrived in France just before 11am their time (they are an hour ahead) and were off within minutes and on our way, again no passport control or anything.

The journey took around 3 ½ hours but we stopped for toilet breaks and to get some snacks a couple of times. The journey wasn’t too bad as we put on Disney music and sang and danced along in the back of the car. Before we knew it we were near Paris, we drove under Charles de Gaulle airport which is really cool, last time a plane was taking off as we drove under the runway.

[​IMG]

Soon we saw the first signs for Disneyland, we were so excited, we were dancing around in our seats. About 2.30pm we arrived at Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch where we would be staying for the next 4 nights. As we drove under the sign we all screamed, we parked up and then went in to reception to check in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The reception area was decorated with a few cardboard bats and pumpkins, however it wasn’t all pretty like it was for Christmas last time we were there. We checked in and drove to our cabin, the road was pretty long and windy and had different trails along the way with the cabins. We were in Coyote Trail which was nearest to the pool and village area, it was literally a few minutes walk which was good. We dropped off our luggage and had a look around the cabin. This time we had a 2 bedroom which was new for us, although we were pretty disappointed as one bedroom had a double, one bunk beds and then a sofa bed in the lounge so someone still had to sleep in the lounge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the coffee table was a personalized welcome letter with some water and chocolate coins, this was a nice touch.

[​IMG]

We freshened up and then drove to the Disney Village for some lunch/tea. We had to park quite far back but we didn’t care as we were excited to be a t Disney. As we rode down the travelator things we could see Space Mountain and Sophie and I screamed with excitement, we were at Disney again, we loved being back.

Driving under the magic sign
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The walk to the village was a few minutes from the car park, opposite the village is the train station and where the Disney buses drop off/pick up and then the Studio’s Park is straight ahead and the Disneyland Park to the side of the station. We could see the main building of the Studio’s and the new Tower of Terror which towered above everything, and behind the trees we could see the beautiful Disneyland hotel all lit up, I was so happy to be here.
    We walked through the village which was decorated a little for Halloween, Nick was worried as there was no-one dressed up for Halloween and was worried he would look silly. However we reassured him and walked to Rainforest Cafe which was near the back of the village.

Walking to Disney Village ~ The Studio's are in the background
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were seated straight away, right near some gorillas in the corner, it was a great table. RFC had decorated a bit with pumpkins and the staff were dressed up too. Our server started off normally and by the end he was fully dressed as a skeleton with fantastic face paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mum and I ordered Margarilla’s to drink which were so yummy, Nick had a mojito and Dad a beer.

[​IMG]

For food I had fajita’s, Nick had Maya’s mixed grill, Mum and Dad had chilli and Sophie had the child’s lasagne. The chilli came in 3 separate dishes, the chilli itself was in a taco, and then there were fries in one bowl and tortillas in another. They really enjoyed this, although the tortilla’s were weird, Nick enjoyed his but mine were completely different to last time. The meat was curried not spiced, and was little end bits of thigh not like the breast last time. It was ok but nowhere near as nice as last time and I wouldn’t pick it again.

Maya's Mixed Grill
    [​IMG]

Fajita's
    [​IMG]

Chilli

[​IMG]

We enjoyed dinner, the atmosphere was great but it was pretty expensive (8.50E for the cocktails, 25E for fajita’s), especially with the low exchange rate at the moment. We paid the bill and then had a quick look around a few of the shops in the Disney Village before heading back to our cabin. We got dressed up, we all looked so funny, especially Dad, his costume was a little tight and we all found it hysterical. We got some photo’s and then left the cabin just after 7pm.

Our decorations
    [​IMG]
  2. Ariel2008

The witch and the 2 bad fairies
    [​IMG]

Captain Hook and Captain Jack Sparrow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We managed to park right near the front of the parking lot and as we walked to the park we saw loads of people dressed up, some of the costumes were so good, and some were just scary, but everyone had made a lot of effort.

[​IMG]

The beautiful Disneyland Hotel in the background
    [​IMG]

We got to the parks, were given wristbands and then made our way slowly down Main Street which was decorated with naughty pumpkin men who had splashed paint everywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we got to the end of Main Street they were holding people until 8pm which is when the party started. At 8 they started letting people through but were checking wristbands so it took a while. We headed to Frontierland which had been turned into Halloweenland, it looked so good. At we entered through Fort Comstock, there was a smoking skull outside and a big spider web above with Pumpkins in. Frontierland was also covered with Pumpkin men, it looked so good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We headed to Thunder Mountain, it was only just gone 8 but the queue was already 70 minutes. We grabbed some fastpasses which were for 8.50-9.20pm. The fastpass window was only 30 minutes and we couldn’t get another one till 10.20pm, an hour after ours was up, it seemed a little strange. Whilst we waited we walked over to Pirates of the Caribbean, on the way we passed the big pirate ship which was lit up all eerily and the skull had smoke coming from it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we got to Pirates the real Jack Sparow was coming out to meet people and as he passed Nick he stared at him and made a funny face, it was so funny. We walked straight on to Pirates, and luckily we didn’t get wet. This ride is better for drops than the one at WDW but it hasn’t been updated with Jack Sparrow yet, I still love it though.

The queue for Pirates

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Pirates we went back to Thunder Mountain for our FP return. We waited about 5 minutes and then rode, it was so, so good in the dark and there was an image of Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas projected on to the mountain. This ride is quite different from WDW as you go underground to start as the mountain is in the middle of the lake, and the ride seemed longer and slightly more scary. We all loved it.

[​IMG]
  3. Ariel2008

After a great ride we walked to Phantom Manor but the wait was 60 minutes. We decided to head over to Fantasyland instead but as we walked over there there was really scary men on stilts with masks like Hannibal Lector. It freaked me out and as I tried to walk by quickly one of them stayed on his spot but followed me with his eyes, every time I turned round he was just staring at me, it was so scary. Then he started moving towards me, I freaked out and tried to run but the crowds were pretty heavy and then Nick stopped me. He came right up to me, stared into my eyes and then walked slowly off still keeping eye contact, the others found it so funny but my heart was beating so fast.

[​IMG]

I walked pretty quickly to Fantasyland after that, we walked through the castle which is so pretty. We went straight to Small World as we knew there would be a small queue. We were straight on, we all love this ride, I know a lot of people hate it but I just love it. I have to ride it at least once everytime were at Disney, and everytime I take so many photo’s although I already have millions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after Small World we walked over to Peter Pan all singing “It’s a Small World After All”, that song really sticks in your head, though luckily we all love it (I know were weird). The wait for Peter Pan was 70 minutes so we skipped that and went over to the Voyage of Pinocchio which we were straight on. This ride is a bit like the Winnie the Pooh ride, you sit in a little car thing and drive through the story of Pinocchio. Of course it was in French but it is quite cute and something new for Nick.
    By this time it was gone 10pm, the parade was on at 10.30 so Sophie and I got a spot for the parade near Small Word and the others got us all some hot chocolate and popcorn.

Some pic's we got along the way
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luckily it wasn’t too cold out and the rain was holding off so standing waiting wasn’t bad, especially when we got our hot chocolates. Unfortunately we met some rather rude people, whilst Sophie and I waited we spread out a bit to save room for the others. Now when we got there there was literally no-one else waiting in this area on either side of the path, but this man came along with a woman and child and stood right inbetween Sophie and I, we even had even put our wands on the floor and he just stood behind them. I told him we were together but he looked at me and then looked the other way, he knew exactly what I meant and was just so rude. So Sophie moved and stood next to me but once the others joined us this rude man didn’t move up for us at all, in fact he seemed to get closer, I really can’t believe some people.
    Anyway it was the Fantillusion parade which was a bit like Spectromagic, it was great but not at all Halloweeny, apart from the villains part but that is in it every time. It was pretty different watching it tonight, last time we did it was New Years Eve, it was so cold, pouring with rain and we were so far away on the castle bridge we could barely make anything out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/color]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since the parade started right next to us once it had passed we ran over to Haunted Mansion. We queued for about 10 minutes which wasn’t bad, the manor had been decorated a bit with pumpkins in the gardens and the Jack silhouette was now on the manor. We got stuck on the ride for about 5 minutes but it was nice and warm so we didn’t mind. When we got out we had a bit of time before the fireworks at 12 so we walked towards the shops. This time those horrible masked men surrounded me on both sides but luckily walked straight by. We did a bit of shopping, I got Todd from Fox and the Hound and Sophie got a Copper, they were so cute. Just before 12 we got a spot on Main Street near the entrance, there wasn’t really many people there like we thought there would be, it had started trickling with rain so maybe that had put people off. Again last time we had watched the fireworks it was for NYE and we were squished onto Main Street like sardines, it took forever to get out afterwards and we could hardly breathe. The fireworks were late starting and it was raining lightly, and we were all pretty tired so we nearly gave up and left but I am glad we didn’t. It was a special Halloween show with lots of villain music and voices and images projected on to the castle, the show was definitely worth the wait.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Ariel2008

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As there weren’t many people left watching the fireworks we managed to get out of the park quickly and back to the car within 10 minutes, not bad at all. Once we got back we had a quick drink and then went to bed.
  5. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

A great, busy, day!
  6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Thank you for sharing and I love the photos!!! You guys looks so happy in all the pictures.
  7. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

Great photos. We love Eurotunnel - normally they check your passports as you drive between the terminal building and the train but often they just wave you straight through.
  8. Ariel2008

Luckily I didn't mind the tunnel, I was worried it would freak me out a bit, the thought of it does, but it wasn't bad at all. It was much quicker than the ferry and I didn't have to worry about feeling sea sick either which was a bonus. We will definitely use it again next time we go.
    When we were driving to the train there was no-one in any of the buildings, it was really strange. They did check everyones passports on the way back before we joined the queue for the train, this was the UK border control though, which I guess is good for us to know they are checking.
  9. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

What a fantastic Day! You all look fabulous in your costumes! I'l tell you I think the scary guy on stilts is a bit scary for Disney is he not? I think I would have been freaked out so I wouldn't have wanted the kids seeing him!

The photos are fab as well, the fireworks and lights show at the end looks amazing as well!

xxx
  10. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Great report and love the photo's! Off to read the next :p015:
  11. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Great report. I love all the outfits.
  12. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

OH WOW!! Great photos!!!

I love your dad's twirly moustache!!!
  13. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

wow you all look amazing and those firework photos are great is it not the not so scarey halloween party in dlp as those guys on stilts wud have freaked me out too another great report:yes::p015: