1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our Spooky Disney Celebration - Pre Holiday Fun

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Ariel2008, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Ariel2008

Ariel2008 Earning my ears

Our Spooky Disney Celebration
    Pre Holiday Fun

Well of course before we took this magical trip to Disneyland Paris I did a lot of planning and of course another Pre trip report which you can find here.
    Well just to refresh your minds, or for those who haven't read my pre -trippie here is the cast:

Me: 23, obsessive planner. Loves everything and anything to do with Disney, traveling and holidays especially to the US and of course WDW. Favorite film: The Little Mermaid, Favorite character: Ariel and Tigger

DBF ~ Nick: 24, Driver and navigator. Had his first trip to Disney in August 2006 and has now been 5 times. Loves traveling, especially to the US and Disney. Favorite film: Robin Hood, Favorite character: Chip and Dale and Robin Hood

Mum: 50, helps with the planning. Loves Disney, and the US (see a pattern emerging here). Favorite film: Jungle Book, Favorite character: Cheshire Cat, Villains

Dad: 49, tries to help but more of a hindrance. Loves Disney, and the US, desperately wants to live there. A majorly big kid at heart. Favorite film and character: Any, Most like: Goofy

Sophie: 12, goes with the flow. Loves Disney and the US, is always being surprised with holidays and treats. A big animal lover, loves swimming and rollercoasters. Favorite film: The Lion King, Favorite character: Minnie, Jasmin, Alice.

Ok on with the show, I will start with the day before as this is where the holiday really began :p015:

Thursday 30th October

We left home at 12pm with a very packed car and drove the hour to Bluewater shopping center. We had 30minutes to spare so had a little look around, or course stopping in the Disney Store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then went up to Showcase Cinema’s where we surprised Sophie with a ticket for High School Musical 3.

[​IMG]

She was very excited as she had been wanting to see it. The queues to get tickets were huge, as were the queues to get drinks. The whole place was very disorganized and chaotic, whilst we queued to get drinks people just blatantly pushed in and were next to the sweet area where kids were picking sweets out with their hands and then when their parents saw how many they had they made them put them back, again this was done by hand, it was so gross. One boy stole several large handfuls of sweets, the man at the sweet counter could do nothing about it as he was not allowed to leave his counter and his Mum saw it all and did nothing, it was absolutely unbelievable. We finally got served after waiting 25 minutes for some drinks, and got in the cinema. The seats were quite large and really comfy, and we had a great view. The film itself was really good and upbeat and definitely put us in the right mood for our holiday to Disney.

After the film we went to TGI’s which was just across from the cinema and went to the bar for a drink whilst we waited for our table. Nick and I had a Barnamint Baileys cocktail which had mint choc chip ice-cream, baileys and Oreo’s, it was so good and Mum had a strawberry margarita, also good.

[​IMG]

Sophie was excited about the holiday
    [​IMG]

We were seated quite quickly and ordered. Nick and I and Mum and Dad shared some sesame jack chicken strips to start which were so good, we always have these as they are so tasty. For mains Nick had the Monterey jack burger, Paul had Jack Daniels chicken, Sophie had the children’s burger, I cant remember what Mum had and I had the sizzling chicken. The food was all good except mine came about 10 minutes after everyone else’s and Dad realized at the end that half his chicken was still pink inside. The manager came over a told him some story about it being a vein or something but Dad used to be a chef so he knows when something is not cooked. They did offer him a free dessert but it was pretty bad for a big chain to be selling undercooked food :confused2
    We did get some dessert, Nick and I shared the waffle which had caramel sauce, ice-cream and spiced apple and Mum and Dad had the popcorn sundae, both were really good but I was so, so full after.
    After paying the bill we looked around the mall a bit more and the men got a Starbuck's.

[​IMG]

We then drove on to the hotel which was about an hour away. We were staying in the Holiday Inn Folkestone, it is a pretty new hotel and the nearest one to the Eurotunnel. We checked in and the hotel was really nice inside with a nice bar and restaurant area and some computer desks. We went to our rooms, they were quite simple but nicely decorated with a double bed and sofa-bed, desk and LCD TV which welcomed us by name. The bathrooms were pretty cool as the door could be used to close off the whole bathroom or just the toilet so the shower and sinks could be used at the same time.

[​IMG]

We dropped our stuff off in the room and then Nick and Dad went to Tesco’s to get some water and diet coke for the journey tomorrow and Mum, Sophie and I went down to the bar. We got all giggly and had such fun messing about, I think the wine went to Mum’s head as she was quite silly. For some reason we all decided to swap shoes so all had 2 different shoes on, a mix of trainers, UGG’s and black boots, and then they made me go to the bar and wouldn’t let me have my shoes back, I must have looked pretty silly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once Nick and Dad got back they joined us for some drinks, they had brought Mum some Halloween gloves and me a wand that made noises which made us all laugh even more, the wine had definitely had some effect.

[​IMG]

After a couple of hours we went to our rooms where Nick and I watched James Bond before bed.
  2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I loved HSM3! :p015:
  3. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

I want a Barnamint Baileys cocktail!!
  4. Ariel2008

Ariel2008 Earning my ears

They were so good, I will definitely be having another next time I go :p015:
  5. caz1712

caz1712 Earning my ears

Aww sounds like a great start to your trip! That cocktail sounds yummy as well!!! I think I may have to try on of those next time we go!

xxx
  6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Your family is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!

You guys look like you're having so much fun together!
  7. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

so enjoying your trip report as usual :p015:
  8. mrsc

mrsc Earning my ears

loving the start of thid report...and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm baileys!!!!!!

i love baileys!!!!!!!!!

also had a little chuckle at you stood at the bar with odd shoes..