1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Our Wedding

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by djdigitald, Oct 23, 2009.

1. djdigitald

djdigitald Earning my ears

Yes it is an old report but i thought as i am new i would post it as it is the last time we went to Florida, SHOCK HORROR.

Anyway we got married on February 14th 2006 at Regal Palms in Davenport

Trip Report Below

Thursday 9th Feb

Flight with Virgin went well, i had bought two bottles of Moet for the party (9 of us) to drink on board and they were chilled accordingly and served when requested! The Stewardesses were very Congratulatory and tried to do everything for us! The flight was and hour late in taking off because the earlier flight was delayed due to handling staff problems.

We arrived in Orlando fine and got to Regal Palms at around 9.00pm. The resort from what we could see in the dark looked great and we were not to be disappointed.

Friday 10th February

This was the first of the wedding type days as today I had the Suit people round for measurement adjustments and Kaye had the Dress Steamers round. We also spoke to the Food & Beverage Manager and Entertainments Manager and went to look at everything full on and look for somewhere to hold the actual event!

After this was done we had already decided that we were going to do our first bit of shopping. We started off at the Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets and did the shops big time!!! We then moved up to the Premium Outlets of Orlando and did all the Big Name places even more Big Time!! We had planned to do the Mall of Millenia but never made it as we left the Premium Outlets at 9.00pm! Spent loads of money and our 15 seater looked like a Shopping Bus.

Saturday 11th Feb

This was our first park day as we did EPCOT. We got there about 11.00am and were surprised at how quiet it was, some of our part had to buy tickets on the gate and even that was quick, I also found out that I had some days left on the tickets I bought in 2004! We started off doing the usual areas around the front and then went into the world showcase starting with Canada and making our way round. Stopped off for the obligatory pint in the Rose and Crown and watched a little street show which made the English sound more like Dick Van Dyke than ever!!! We then made our way through to France where Kaye’s mum ran over Kaye’s BIL with one of the motorised wheelchairs that WDW provide, if it wasn’t for me grabbing hold of it and pushing it backwards I think she would have broke his ankle. By the time we got to Italy the heavens opened and we had a massive rainstorm! When we got to Germany I had the Large Pretzel and Wheat Beer.We managed to do all the other countries and then went to see if we could do Soarin’ when we got there it was a 90 min wait so we decided against it. We then found out that the Living Land was closed as well which was disappointing. As we were coming out of there it started to pour down again so we decided to leave as it was 8.15pm and didn’t fancy hanging around for the Fireworks. We got home and had a Pizza for tea!

Sunday 12th Feb

This was another shopping day for getting anything last minute for the wedding. Kaye and Myself also went to Publix to pay for the Wedding Cake.

Monday 13th Feb

This was the Stag Day and the Girls Day! Myself and 3 others went to play golf at Highlands Reserve and we had a great round. It was sunny and partly cloudy with a cool breeze and we all got wind burn! To top it all off I won!!! The girls went to a Nail Art place on the Publix complex at the top of Sand Mine Road which they had used before and were in there for about 6 hours! Drinking Champagne and everything! We went out in the evening but for the life of me I can’t remember where we went at the moment so I will have to come back to that!!!

Tuesday 14th February

The Big Day kinda started on the night before, Kaye went to the second Townhouse that we had hired with Millie and her Niece Daina who was one of the Bridesmaids. I stayed in our Townhouse and got an early night 9.30pm!!! Just before i went to bed i watched the weather report as it hadn't been good for the previous couple of days! Guess what it wasn't supposed to be good again, infact they were due to have Snow overnight in Tampa!
    I woke up about 9.00am and put the news on and they had had snow in Tampa, i looked out the window and noticed clear blue skies, as it turned out it was the only day of the whole two weeks that we had clear skies throughout! Anyway back to where i started, i got up and had a shower, didn't have breakfast but opted for a beer with Kaye's BIL. My dad and brother came round about 10.30am and i craked open a bottle of Moet.
    The photographer came round about 11.00am to introduce himself and take a quick couple of us chilling, he then went to see the girls.

The wedding was at 1.00pm so i arrived at the bar area about 12.30pm where we me Rev. Tim Herring (He does a lot of the Disney Weddings and was absolutely superb) my brother paid him and we were then taken by our Wedding Co-Ordinator to the room where we were going to have the after wedding dinner to wait for Kaye and the Bridesmaids to turn up.

She arrived about 12.55pm from what i can remember and after changing the Wedding Arch around abit (It had red roses in it and Kaye expressly forbid Red Roses!) i was marching out to some music (Ain't got a clue what it was, it came off of Kayes Brides CD so i think it was official!!! lol). I was standing there for about 2 mins and kept getting told by everyone not to turn round. Then Kaye's Music started and it seemed to go on for ages, she then stepped up next to me and had her vail lifted and we grabbed each others hand.

Rev. Tim did an absolutely fantastic Ceremony which combined a traditional style with a modern feel and he even read a Red Indian Poem which was great. The ceremony lasted about 25 mins and we were then announced as Husband and Wife and we had a long Kiss!!! We then mingled around while everyone congratulated us after which we were then taken by the photgrapher for about 30 mins to do the photo's, these were fantastic.

We then were taken into the Dinner Room were we had to cut a piece of cake and then feed each other!! while pictures were taken again. We had a champagne toast and sat down for dinner.

This is what we had for dinner : -

Salad

Caesar Salad with Traditional Accompaniments

Entrée

Chicken Française

Marinated Grilled Flank Steak of Beef with Vidalia onion Sauce

Sides

Rosemary Red Bliss Potatoes

Vegetable medley with Garlic Basil Butter

Desserts

New York Cheesecake
    Key Lime Pie
    Chocolate Tuxedo Cake
    Assorted Pastries

We finished dinner at around 5.30pm and adjorned to get freshened up and changed to meet back in the bar where they had a Jazz musician playing from 6.00pm. We had a few drinks in the bar and me and Kaye decided to go back to our Townhouse as we were both absolutely shattered.

The rest my friends as they say is History!!!

Wednesday 15th February

As we had a reasonably early night we were up bright and early and ready to go with a vengance.

Today we had deceided that we were going to do Seaworld as it was the last whole day left for Kaye's Mum and friends that had come with us.
    We got there about 11.00am and it was a nice hot day. We hadn't got tickets so we queued for about 5 mins and then went it. We had a good day although the Stingray Pool was closed which we always look forward to seeing and feeding them. We were surprised to see that the Sky Tower was open for business, the first time we had seen it working in the last 4 times we had been to florida! We finished they day by doing the Shamu show and was largely dissapointed as it only lasted about 5 mins and there was a distinct lack of anything happening. This was a big shame as we had been saying how wonderful it was to the people that had come with us [​IMG]

Thursday 16th February

This was the day that Kaye's Mum and her friends had to go back so we had decided to take it easy on this day. We spent the mornig around the pool and having a drink which was quite nice and relaxing. Kaye and myself took Kaye's mum back to the airport at about 12.30pm, we helped them check in (The Virgin Desks had no-one queing which was good) and then gave them all the details about the airport and where everything was which. We then said our goodbyes and waved them off. As we were going back to the carpark bith Kaye and myself said how much better it was dropping someone off at the airport than having to go back there yourself! We both could get used to this we said!!!

We got back to our resort at about 3.30pm and freshened up. As it was a Thursday we deceided that we were going to do the Old Town Bike Fest as we hadn't done it before. We got there and it was amazing! All the bikes were superb and Kaye's BIL and me were in awe at some of the machines that were on show. Loads of pics were taken!

Friday 17th February

Today we got up a bit later than normal as we had decided to do Magic Kingdom. We got there about 11.30am and got on the Monorail as we had just missed the boat. We hadn't done the Monorail system for a few years as we had always used the boats or buses, nothing had changed much!
    We got through the gates of MK and headed to Main Street USA, before we got there all the Characters were out and about signing autographs and having photo's taken. Millie's face was a right picture and i think something we will never forget. I was surprised how much it had changed since i had last been there, 20000 Leagues had been replaced by Pooh's Corner! When did that happen? Millie fell asleep quite soon after we got there which enabled us to do Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. I had never done Space Mountain before as the last time i went i had a Phobia of Rollercoasters and bottled out before i got to the ride (I was about 12 after all!).

I tought it was quite good and can imagine when it first opened was quite a ride. We then headed back to the smaller kids areas as Millie had woken up and allowed her an hour or so of fun, she loved it. She loved Pooh's corner, The Dumbo ride and It's a Small World which thankfully Kaye took her on and not me as the music drives me insane!)

We left just before the parade as Millie had fallen asleep again and went home and chilled for the rest of the evening.

Saturday 18th February

Today was my Birthday! It was my choice as to what we were going to do and for some reason i said i fancied a bit of shopping! [​IMG]

We started off on I-Drive and Steve and myself wanted to hit the Edwin Watts Clearance Store. We spent a good hour there and came out to see a nice cold Pint of Stella waiting for me which Kaye's sister had got from the Irish pub on the same complex. I drank that and watched in amazement at the tall carosel ride that was next to the 3 story go-kart track. No way was i going on that i though, even after a couple of Stella's!

We then made our way up to Festival Bay and Outdoor World. We all like Outdoor World and had a good look around there. Festival Bay was again largely dissapointing and it seems as though many of the shops were still empty, slightly more open than in 2004 but not many. From there we headed up to Prime Outlets and had a mass spend up at Nike, Tommy Hilfiger and Timberland. From there we went to the Florida Mall and had a good look and spend there before heading home aorund 5.30pm as we had to get back to the resort and out so that we could get to Key W Kools for dinner at 7.30pm. Unfortunately the traffic was a nightmare and we had to go straight to dinner. Thankfully as we had all bought new stuff we could get changed in the van.

Had a great meal there and i had the 32oz Porterhouse steak as usual which was fantastic.
    Left there very late and very very full!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were there for two weeks and those were the days that i really remembered. I never make notes for the reports, just remember things in my head.
    Anyway, the whole wedding and the trip was organised by myself and Kaye and we did all the organising from here in the UK. We hired a Wedding Co-ordinator to help us with things that we couldn't do from the UK and i have to say she was superb. We dealt directly with the resort as we were staying there and organised rooms and menus etc.. with them over the phone and via emails. Again they were superb and it wasn't until we arrived there and then met the report people face to face that we found out we were the resorts first wedding!! I have to say that we couldn't have done it better if we tried and were really pleased with the way it turned out and went.

Anyway pictures of the wedding can be found in my gallery http://wdisneysecrets.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/1654/cat/500

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Can you post a wedding photo please Daniel?

Would love to see them

Sandra

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

VERY nice of you to share! Thank you! We LOVE photos here! :D :D And I am the QUEEN of photo lovers! :D :D :lol:

4. djdigitald

djdigitald Earning my ears

Sandra the link is at the bottom of my post :yes:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The photos are so nice! Your wife made a beautiful bride. Thank you for sharing them with us. Wonderfully sunny day for a wedding! Nice that it was on Valentine's day too.

The bouquets are gorgeous, very dramatic. :yes:

'Course the groom wasn't too shabby either! :wink: :D

6. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Aww you all looked gorgeous.

Loved the bridesmaids dresses - lovely colour

You have lots of photo's in your gallery - you have been very busy since joining - well done :)

Sandra