outback restaurants?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plan' started by wishonastar, Sep 27, 2008.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar New Member

Are these as good as ruby chris or are they a level down and are they anywhere in orlando?

2. Britchick

Britchick Well-Known Member

never been to Ruby Chris before so can't compare. I haven't been to one in Orlando ( i'm almost certain there is one though) but in other towns i have liked them. The prime rib is very nice.

3. lisaw

lisaw New Member

catering assistant
    We have been to one here and it was really nice :yes: Haven't been to Ruby Chris so again can't compare. :)

4. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    hmmmm I think theres a ruth chris? or a ruby tuesday? Im not sure theres a ruby chris but Tink will tell us for sure.

Isnt the steak house at orlando airport an outback? if so I like it! The stuff is spicy unless you ask otherwise but its good stuff (though yes, a good level down from ruth chris)

5. Taja

Taja New Member

DUPLICATE POST!!!!

6. Taja

Taja New Member

It's Ruth's Chris Steakhouse or Ruby Tuesday restaurant. Crazy names, aren't they?

I haven't eaten at Outback Steakhouse in Orlando, but the ones here in the Phoenix area are a serious step below Ruth's Chris Steakhouse or Morton's. That doesn't mean Outback isn't good, just not in the expense account league of Ruth's Chris or Morton's! :lol:

7. Britchick

Britchick Well-Known Member

just looked up Ruth's Chris (what a bizarre name)

i would like to order

sizzling blue crab cakes

Petite Filet and Shrimp
    Two 4-ounce medallions of our filet topped with jumbo Gulf shrimp

chocolate sin cake

make it snappy;)

8. Taja

Taja New Member

The legend is a woman named Ruth bought a single restaurant named Chris Steakhouse. Since it was popular with the locals, she just added her name at the beginning, making it: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. :) Now it's a national chain.

9. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ruth's Chris and Outback are not even close to being on the same level. Outback is an upper tier family steak house where you can get a complete meal for less than $30.00. At Ruth's Chris it is UPSCALE and the steak alone will most likely cost over $30.00 and everything is ala carte.

10. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Personally, I don't like Outback at all. I find their steaks (beef in general) to be of questionable quality and it varies sharply between stores. Plus, at the one in Clermont, they charged me for a glass of tap water.

The food is rarely served at legal temperature (can you tell I'm a serious fusspot about that?) and that makes me nervous to begin with.

I'm not a huge fan of those middle of the road chains. They are little more than glorified fast food places to me. :sorry:

Yes, I'm fussier than all get out when I plunk down my very hard earned money for something I can prepare myself (and if I can do a better job, I'm totally not impressed).

The one on west 192 is particularly inconsistent. I've been there several times, but not in some time as the last time the chicken I ordered was so undercooked it was pink and had bloody juices coming from it. That took care of that place for me. I thought I was safe ordering chicken instead of trying guess which cut of beef would be decent at that time. I couldn't have been more wrong.

11. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Oh, meant to add, that I have read somewhere that Ruth's Chris is named after her son, Chris? :unsure: Not sure, obviously just a wickedly awkward name.