1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Outside the parks dining...

Discussion in 'Other Florida Parks and Attractions' started by susanm, Apr 16, 2013.

1. susanm

susanm Imagineer

i have take nieces on various trips and although it has been a while we have done MEDIEVEL TIMES and ARABIAN NIGHTS and they were big hits with the kids.

has anyone done either of these or anything new recently that is worth the evening away from the parks?

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

OOO I'd be interested in hearing about them too.

I didn't like arabian nights as much as I expected.. I knew it would be mainly horsey but was surprised at the level of dust around and thought the way the staff stood at the end of the row when we came to left basically expecting tips was a bit much.

Medieval times was cute but not sure I'd go back unless something's changed in the show to make it worth seeing a second time

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I've been to medieval times at Myrtle beach and enjoyed it, I usually find I want to spend my time in the parks though and make the most of my tickets :)

4. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Been to ARABIAN KNIGHTS a good fun night food so so

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Personally, I feel that if you've done those dinner shows once, you've done them. :yes:

Off site dining can be quite a lovely experience, and much more cost effective (presuming you have your own transport). There are many great places to dine, and some that aren't so great, but fun. Melting Pot is one that comes to mind. Not fabulous food, but fun.

If you are a steak lover then there are several excellent places, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Charley's Steakhouse, Del Frisco's, Capital Grille, Bull and Beat Steakhouse... there are really loads of places to get a great steak off property.

Seafood is a bit more challenging, but Big Fin is fabulous. Red Lobster, believe it or not can be decent, if you order the fresh choices. If you like old Florida and don't mind rubbing elbows with the locals (and are a bit brave about appearance and location) there is Lee and Rick's up on Kirkman, almost to 50.

Anyway, there really are many great choices offsite. You can have a meal that outshines any at WDW, and is less expensive. You can also spend enough to mortgage the farm, but you'll get a fabulous meal, where at Disney it's a chancy prospect anymore. (V&A's excluded as I've never been, and it gets consistently rave reviews).