1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Over complicated ADR system!

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by lisaw, May 26, 2009.

1. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

OK we finally managed to book the ADR's we wanted for our entire stay, although it was fraught with complications due to different CM's following different systems. We are staying 21 nights checking in on the 10th Aug so this meant I phoned on May 12th to make ADR's up to 20th August - no problems so far.

On previous trips I have always then called daily to book each subsequent day so May 13th for Aug 21st etc.

On the first call on May 13th i was told I could only book the first 10 days from check in date and I would have to book 90 days out for all my next bookings as the system told them I was out of the booking window. I accepted this. I later read of other people who had been able to book daily so I phoned again - this time I got a CM who booked my ADR no problem. This then happened on a daily basis, sometimes I would get my booking on the first call - other times I had to call back two or three times to get a CM who was able to book my ADR for me!

There is obviously no set system as some could and som couldn't - one CM told me she could lose her job if she booked 'outside my booking window' other CM's did it no problem at all :unsure:

The recorded message stated at the beginning of the call that anyone checking in in the next 90 days can make reservations for the entire length of their stay.

One CM even told me that statement was confusing as they don't expect people to stay for 'nearly a month!' :lol:

Don't know why you can't just book for the length of your stay - would make things much easier for everyone!

At least they are done now - but it wasn't a fun experience this time around and I actually feel quite naughty ringing back time and time again until I got what I wanted :eek:

2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Sounds like a right pain in the butt! Given that it is a computerised booking system I am confused as to why some say it can't be done and some say it can, surely the system will allow it or not regardless of which CM is logged in.

Never mind, you got there in the end!

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

that IS complicated!

but I do understand how they dont expect people to stay for a month... hahahahahaha