1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Over night stay in Miami?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Magical Moments., Jul 1, 2008.

1. Magical Moments.

Magical Moments. Earning my ears

My son and daughter-in-law are coming with us again this year, and are planning on driving down to Miami and staying over night.

They have asked us to go with them,but i am not to keen on going.:shrug:
    Does anyone know how long a drive it will be?as i don't fancy traveling for hours.

Has anyone been and where did you stay?

Thanks.

2. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

I think it's about 250 miles aint it to Miami from Orlando?? Not sure how long in time.

Check out tripadvisor for hotels in Miami.. I have the Miami Airport Wyndham booked for September.. It was included in the price, so tempted to swap it to the biscayne bay Marriott or Hilton Miami Biscayne... Both look gorgeous!!!

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's about a four hour drive to Miami from the Orlando area (depending on traffic, of course).

I've stayed at the Wyndam you have reservations for. It's nice enough! It has ample parking, and the rooms/suites were clean with nice amenities. I've also stayed at a Wyndam on Biscayne Bay. The one near the airport was nicer! The only drawback to the airport location is that there isn't much to walk to.

I've also stayed right near the Port of Miami at the Intercontinental. It was wonderful. I'd stay there again as my first choice. It's closer to things (can walk) and it had (always double check what "used to be") shuttles to points of interest.

Miami is wonderful. I'd like to live there!

4. Magical Moments.

Magical Moments. Earning my ears

Thanks for the replies.

Tink my daughter-in-law is talking about staying at south beach,what are your views on this and have you stayed there?

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm headed to SoBe in October! I think you might like it there. :) It's quite done up and there are oodles of shops and places to dine. Can be pricey though, but if you are just going to visit for a day, then that shouldn't be too bad.

I'm not a huge fan of long car trips either, but honest, you should see Miami at least once! (That is if you haven't already).

SoBe has one heck of a food and wine festival too! :alc::smiley5: