1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Overnight stay in hotel near airport

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by MinnieMouse, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

Is it worth staying in a hotel near the airport the night before you go to Disney ?

I am always running round like a headless chicken the night before the flight and the early hours in the morning of the flight. I get a bit stressed and tend to panic thinking that I have forgotten something etc.

I have always wondered whether it would be a good idea to stay in a hotel close to Manchester airport and hopefully feel less stressed. :p015:

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We've always done this, but then again, the airport is a fair distance away and we wouldn't fancy the drive through the night to get to Manchester or London.
    We try to do twilight check in or, this time, online check in the evening before too sow e only have a bag drop the morning of the flight.

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

We do when we have an early morning flight--anything before 8:00 a.m. Leu flies in the previous afternoon or early evening, I meet her at the airport and we shuttle to the hotel.

With traffic, I live nearly an hour from the airport and the shuttle would pick me up at 4:00 a.m.! :eek: It isn't cost-effective for me to park at the airport for 11 days--shuttle is much less expensive and usually a bit more relaxing. :)

4. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

We always do as it's a nice start to the holiday. I always worry will not hear the alarm or major incident on motorway which will make us late.

5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

we have started to after our first trip, we were held up on the M25 and didnt check in until 2hrs before the flight. so since then we always have. it saves all the rushing around and getting stressed out driving the the airport on the same day :D

6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

I always fear the worst... a flat tyre or accident so I find it's less stressful for me/us if we book a place the night before. We have stayed in posh luxury hotels and cheapy Travel Lodges the night before and honestly have to say this.... save your money and go cheap if you do want to book a night before place. It is only for one night and Travel Lodge are cheap clean and cheerful.

7. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i find its not that much different in price from just airport parking to a hotel with parking

8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We're only 40 minutes from Gatwick and always do the hotel the night before. It's when the holiday starts and we don't have to worry about getting up early and getting stuck in traffic and all the other things that could happen.

9. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

One *posh* hotel where we got upgraded to a posh suite led to me being bitten all over my legs and bum :( Posh people have fleas... sniffs....

10. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

the holiday inn at manchester airport is really good and they do a car parking package to.

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I stayed in that room before you and left a package of creepies in the mini-bar. :evil:

12. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We are only about 45 mins form Gatwick on a good run but we always stay the night before, i do not trust the M25 and I know i would feel harassed when i got to the airport, plus it's a nice start to the holiday and kind of extends it by a day and I am all for that! :D

13. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i always stay the night before a morning flight. I don't do mornings and i would be stressed out that we wouldn't make it. :lol:

14. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Plus we get to eat home made egg sarnies! DH has threatened me and DD this time..... it's a 10 hour flight we need breakfast for gawds sake... how unreasonable...