1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Paperman - Full Animated Short Film

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Walt Disney Animation Studios has uploaded its Oscar-nominated short, Paperman to YouTube, allowing it to be watched online in its entirety for the first time.

Introducing a groundbreaking technique that seamlessly merges computer-generated and hand-drawn animation techniques, first-time director John Kahrs takes the art of animation in a bold new direction with the Oscar-nominated short, "Paperman." Using a minimalist black-and-white style, the short follows the story of a lonely young man in mid-century New York City, whose destiny takes an unexpected turn after a chance meeting with a beautiful woman on his morning commute.

Convinced the girl of his dreams is gone forever, he gets a second chance when he spots her in a skyscraper window across the avenue from his office. With only his heart, imagination and a stack of papers to get her attention, his efforts are no match for what the fates have in store for him.

Created by a small, innovative team working at Walt Disney Animation Studios, "Paperman" pushes the animation medium in an exciting new direction.

[video=youtube_share;aTLySbGoMX0]http://youtu.be/aTLySbGoMX0[/video]​
  2. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Beautiful :)
  3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Great story....great short...Really good.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm a pretty hard sell when it comes to shorts and to animation, but this was really, really nice. Thanks for sharing it with us Wendy!
  5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I saw this at the movies. I didn't care for it. I know lots who love it.