1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Park hopper passes w options

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by crazyfamiglia, Aug 31, 2008.

1. crazyfamiglia

crazyfamiglia Earning my ears

We recently purchased 4 day park hopper passes with the additional water parks, Disney Quest, ect. We will be staying at the Carribean Beach Resort.
    1. Will we be able to go to Animal Kingdom in the morning and then to Blizzard beach for the rest of the day?
    2.How much time will it take to commute?
    3.Should we wear our swimsuits to the park so we don't have to go back to the hotel?
    4.Just one more question :p015:can we visit blizzard beach more then once if we chose not to do the other options.

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Hmmmmm....

Not much help with most of your questions, but...

You can use your options as you choose. You can visit the same venue for all of your options or vary them.

3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

1] yes as you have hopper tickets, that allows you to go to 2 park in one day, BUT beware that uses up 2 days worth of the ticket

2] not sure if the disney buses will take you, but it cant be long at all, even by road it shouldnt take long

3] from the hotel to the WP i always put my trunks on, and just take a small bag to put them in after you have been to the WP or just let them dry on you

4] yes you can visit any attraction any amount of times in the alloted days

4. crazyfamiglia

Wow, I thought that Park Hopper meant you could hop to a different park in the same day and it wouldn't take anything away from your passes. So if we go to Animal Kingdom and Epcot in one day it takes an additional day off my pass? Can you return to the same park in the evening for the extended hours without incurring any deduction from our passes?

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Your Park Hopper means you can go to as many of the four main parks in one day as you like and it still is one day--including EMH.

The options (used to be called "Pluses") are individual--once used, it's gone. If you go to two of the option venues in one day, you use two options.

The options are for the water parks, DisneyQuest and PI (until it closes). Can't remember if miniature golf is included--we just get park hopper tickets.

6. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Crazyfamiglia, if I remember correctly, you're sort of local. I'm guessing you'll have a car.

I would allow 30 to 45 minutes travel time from CBR to AK entrance. Probably 20 minutes or so in the car (unless you make a wrong turn--which I've been known to do!) and another 15 minutes or so walking to the entrance and entering AK.

I'm not sure about the travel time to Blizzard Beach, but probably in the same area.

If you're taking WDW transportation, allow about an hour transit time for general entrance. Buses run about every 20 minutes on average, but you might just miss one and have to wait for the next one. If you need to be at an ADR at a specific time, allow about 1.5 hours on WDW transportation to go from resort to resort, as it is necessary to transfer at a park or DTD. Exceptions are monorail resorts and EPCOT resorts.

Will you be at WDW longer than four days? Most of the parks are a full day--including AK. You can hit a couple of the highlights at AK and leave by 1:00 or so, but if you're at all interested in exploring, you might feel a bit short-changed.

Another option might be to go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, then DHS for the afternoon and evening. Even that isn't a great compromise, as a number of the shows are available only during the day.

Quite honestly, for a short visit, I probably would do base tickets only (one park per day)--possibly Park Hoppers, but no options. Even when driving there is a lot of time wasted going from one park to another.

It's really a matter of personal preference.

7. crazyfamiglia

Thank you all so much for the input. I have 2 teenage sons and all they are concerned with is the thrill rides and food. LOL Mom here has to put the reins on to get them to see the shows. I guess thats why I was thinking we would get through AK fairly quickly. I will definately do the base tickets next time.

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've just returned from Disney and for the first time did my own driving. It never took me more than ten minutes to go from the Poly (and later SSR) to any other location on WDW property.

With transport, it takes a bit longer sometimes, but that is luck of the draw. WDW recommends allowing an hour travel time when you are going from one resort to another, as there is no direct service from resort to resort.

I am an AP holder and park hop all the time. I often start at AK in the morning, hop to MK, and then to EPCOT. Sometimes I just do EPCOT, return to the resort and then go back to another park, or EPCOT. I would be totally lost without my hopper ability.

One thing to remember is that if you plan to go to a given park on one day and find that there is a huge group or groups there, you can change your plans and hop to another park. Same with rain. Rain is rain, but some parks are easier to do in the rain than others. :yes:

If you are certain that you are not going to park hop, then surely don't purchase that option, but since you have it, I think you will enjoy using it! :yes: