1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Park Maps & First Timer Disney Notes

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Macl1uk, May 18, 2009.

1. Macl1uk

Macl1uk Earning my ears

Hi Everyone

I am Chris and new to this site, I fell on this site by accident. I am a Disney fanatic and have just come back from my 3<SUP>rd</SUP> time to Animal Kingdom Lodge.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I have a few spare maps for Animal Kingdom, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Magic</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Kingdom</st1:placeType>, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, <st1:placeName w:st="on">Disney</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Water</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Parks</st1:placeType>, Universal Studios, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">Island</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Adventure</st1:placeName></st1:place>, City Walk, The Florida Mall and Premium Outlets.
    <o:p></o:p>
    If anyone wants any of the maps, then please PM me and I will give you details of where to send a stamped address envelope (A4 size with 90p postage).
    Also I have 10 pages of Disney notes aimed at first timers to Disney, I cannot upload them on this website as they are too big. If anyone wants a copy then please email me (sorry my email address was removed), send me a personal message with your email address and I will send them as an attachment.
    Chris

:wiggle:

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

hi chris and welcome to secrets :wave:

hope you have a great time while you are here :D

and thx for offering to other members your spare park maps, real kind of you :)

as you will notice i have removed your email address, please use the pm system to give that out as we dont want any unsavourys getting hold of it, thanks for understanding :D

3. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Wow Chris!! Welcome!! :secrets3:

It's fun to read your posts, your enthusiasm just OOZES through!!! So then, tell us what you favorite part about AKL is? I haven't stayed there yet, but it is HIGH on my list of places I'd like to stay sometime!

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Hi Chris!!

Welcome to Disney Secrets!!!!

I love AKL... tell me EVERYTHING :)

As for the tips, you can definetly post them on the site.... :)

6. Macl1uk

Macl1uk Earning my ears

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge is like having two different holidays at the same time, at the hotel you could be in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Africa</st1:place> not in the middle of Disney. The hotel is thatched and everything is themed around <st1:place w:st="on">Africa</st1:place> including the food. The gift shop has a great selection of African artefacts including drums, Ostridge eggs, carved elephants, beads and there a few Disney gifts.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    The Animal Kingdom Lodge Hotel is magical. We loveAnimal Kingdom Lodge in 2004 we stayed 16 nights and had a fantastic view of the Uzima Savannah even though we only paid the standard rate. In 2006 we returned for 21 nights and were initially given a room overlooking the car park, soon swapped to the Sunset Savannah, view was not fantastic, but again I only paid the standard room rate. 2009 we stayed for 15 nights and had a fantastic <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Savannah</st1:place></st1:City> room (this time we paid for the upgrade).

We love sitting on the balcony watching the giraffes, zebra, Thomson gazelle, wilder beast, bongos and a whole host of other animals. Also down by the pool are Flamingos. The theme is African and very little to indicate that you might be in a Disney hotel.

Our daughter loves the place and painting ostridge eggs. I am up early watching the animals being fed by the hotel, I get some fantastic close-up photos of the animals.

We have been spoilt by the high quality and uniqueness of Animal Kingdom Lodge and do not wish to stay anywhere else on Disney, even though it breaks the bank!

The staff are friendly, but not push.

:wave:

7. Mari

THAK YOU!!

We stayed there in 2003... also had a standard room but still got savannah view.. and we spent NO TIME in the resort since it was our first trip to Disney

This year we booked savannah view, so Im hoping the view is much better!! and will be spending one FULL day at the resort...

Im really looking forward to the shopping, we got the cutest wooden giraffes there!!!

What activities do they have for kids? do you have any idea howold they have to be to participate?

Thank you!

8. Macl1uk

Macl1uk Earning my ears

I am sorry I do not know what activities they have for kids. My daughter did painting of osteridge eggs, but that was at Easter 2006.
    :wave:

9. Mari

thats ok.. I guess we will find out when we get there! :)

Thank you for all the info!

10. MoeMoe

MoeMoe Earning my ears

Welcome!!! WOW!! I'd love to stay 21 days in Disney!!!!!! The most my fam has ever stayed is 7!