1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

parking at theme parks?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by goofygal, Feb 9, 2009.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

hi weve never used a car there before, can we park right outside all the theme parks at walt disney world and does it cost extra to do it?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

If you are staying on site there is no charge. If you are off site, I believe it is now $12/day. At MK you park and must take a tram or walk to the TTC where you can then catch either a ferry or the monorail to the MK. At the other three parks you park outside the parks and take either the tram or walk to the park entrance.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you have an Annual Pass you do not have to pay for parking. :)

FYI, parking at DTD will not provide you with bus service to the parks. The buses at DTD run only to the resort hotels. They used to run to the parks, but so many people were parking there for the buses, they stopped doing that.

It's best to leave an extra half hour timing when driving to MK. If you have an ADR for a meal, especially breakfast in particular add that extra time for the travel from the parking area to the actual park.

I know many folks love the monorail or the ferry ride into the gates of MK, but I personally find it a needless pain in the schedule. :wink:

I far prefer taking a resort bus that drops you off at the gate entrance to having to deal with parking, taking a tram to the ferry/monorail area and then taking of those conveyances to the park gates!

You can walk from the boardwalk area to EPCOT or DHS. :yes: You can also take a ferry to either of those parks from the boardwalk (there is a circuit that runs from EPCOT to the boardwalk, to the Beach Club/YC, to the Swan and Dolphin and to DHS and back).