1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Parks Before Or after A Cruise !

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Tinker, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Jim and I are playing with the idea of trying to spend a few nights at Disney . Would you stay before or after ? Before would be good as we would arrive the 13th and go on the cruise the 16th, we come back the 23rd , I'm thinking it will be mobbed for Memorial Day by then staying till the 27th . But then I'll hate leaving the cruise ship and going straight home . We decided if we do go to Disney, we will be staying off site near the DTD area . Need some help planning .
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I would probably go before the cruise. I tend to be a bit commando at the parks so the down time on the cruise would be nice.
  3. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

was just checking out the calendar and Memorial Day is the 25th . Anyone ever been there for this holiday ?
    Thanks Johnie ... I'm leaning for before , Jim wants after . Maybe once I tell him about the holiday, he'll change his mind .
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We went down last Memorial Day to stimulate the economy. It wasn't too bad crowd wise.
  5. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

good to know , thanks . :D
  6. Mark_W

Mark_W Earning my ears

Definetly parks before cruise. You can go mad at Disney and then chill out on the cruise.
  7. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

I would also chose parks before cruise. I would use the cruise to unwind from the parks.
  8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Well, I'd probably do a bit at the parks before and after! :lol: Primarily due to cross-country flight and timing issues, but also because I need a couple of days down time before I can begin enjoying a holiday! Ditto for the return, but that's just me being selfish! :rolleyes:

Quite honestly, unless I had an AP, it's possible I wouldn't even go to the parks--just chill at the resort and resort-hop a bit. :)
  9. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Thanks, Everyone ! I have news . Our friend Rob and his mom are cruising on the same ship, same date . We were able to link the reservation and have dining together . Rob lives literally around the corner from the ship . So, he is picking Jim and I at the airport on the 14th of May and were staying one night at Disney . I think were opting to go to Epcot . On the 15th, we are picking up mom and going to his house . After the cruise were going back to WDW for one night and then back to Rob's for Memorial Day . Perhaps, there will be a shuttle going at KSC . You can see it from Robs house .
    WOOHOO , I AM SO EXCITED !!!