1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

pay for holiday now because of exchange rate?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by disney1sttimer, Aug 29, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

hi what would you do? we could pay for the disney hotels now on a credit card while the exchange rate is 1.8 or wait until next year and hope it gets better not worse :/
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It`s a bit like tossing a coin right now. The exchange rate could go either was and it takes a very brave man [or woman] to speculate on what will happen to the money market over the next year.
    Personally, if I felt that I would not have a greater need for the cash right now then I`d go ahead and pay the amount now. At least then it`s over and done with and whatever happens, unless your expenditure is in the £££`s, a few cents here and there on the exchange rate won`t make that much difference really.
    On the other hand, you could consider putting your cash into a deposit account in order to earn a bit of interest until the time comes to fork out.
  3. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Im wondering the same thing but the interest on the credit cards may be worse than any advantage gained by the exchange rate
  4. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    That was the decision I made when we were nearly 1 for 1 with the dollar a few weeks ago and now we are at 85 cents. :mad:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have been better off buying it then - ah well :rolleyes008: I know what ever I decided would have been the wrong thing :oops:

As Slowhand says it's not something you can predict. :confused:

I have to get it soon - we go in less than 3 weeks! :p015:
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That`s very true.
    My earlier post assumed that you had the funds to pay without using a cc.
  6. Val

Val Disney Secrets

but it is still much better than the 1.34 we were getting a few years ago.... it's what I keep reminding myself when my hotel bill rocketed by £148 because of the fall in exchange rate.